Audio 10 and ck-7w playing up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
Hi, Ive got an audio 10,cd changer,bose amp and a nokia ck-7w car kit fitted which is playing up.The screen on the audio 10 is frozen on 'PHONE' a call came through the speakers as usual and muted the stereo but after hanging up the call the stereo is dead and just displays phone.

So before i start dismantling the dash and tracing cables where is the ck-7w likely to be connected to? a single mute lead to the stereo or does it all connect at the back near the amp? Ive done a search on here and the audio 10 doesnt have a code as its connected to the canbus so i could pull the fuse and see if it resets....but my fuse schedule is missing.What number fuse is the stereo so i can try a reset first? anyone know.

Marty

The mute wire would likely go to the rear of the radio if the car does not have any OEM car kit. The Sound amplifier should not have a mute input (comes from D2B when needed).

But why would you want to reset the headunit if it is likely that the mute wire is being pulled? Why not disconnect the wiring harness connector to the CK-7W which should reset that device and let the mute wire float.

If it still remains muted, I would follow the mute wire from the phone kit where ever it is wired. Theoretically it could be a short circuit anywhere else where the mute wire is wired in the car (phone separation point or phone controller, the wiring may exist even if those were not installed).

Hi, Whoever fitted the car kit did a proper job as all the cabling is totaly hidden away, the speaker and control unit must be behind the dash as I cant find it so I cant trace it back without stripping out the centre console.The car kit may be connected to the same circuit as the stereo so reseting that might also reset the ck-7w.well I hope so :)

Fuse number 64 in the engine bay :bannana:

It was fed from the stereo circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom