Audio 10 Cassette doesn't work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W203AL

Car
C-Class W203 2004
Hi guys,

The car is a W203 2004 automatic 220cdi.

It has the Audio 10 with cassette (not the CD one).

Since the battery was disconnected for quite sometime now whenever i try to start the Radio it will only work for 10-15 seconds and then the screen writes PROD and it just goes on mute. The panel shows:
AUDIO
----------

I cant control the volume from the steering wheel... STAR says the head unit cant connect to STAR...

Is there a way to unlock it?

Thanks

Is it such a rare problem that no one has ever encountered? :(((

I was suspect that it's broken? lol.. The cost of a replacement CD unit or similar is so low that nobody knows how to fix an old tape deck?
Who still has tapes anyway? ;-)

I do.... One or two that aren't available on disc (like the British Berlin Tattoo 1982). Thinks: can anyone recommend a good place to get them put on disc? They have considerable sentimental value.

I do.... One or two that aren't available on disc (like the British Berlin Tattoo 1982). Thinks: can anyone recommend a good place to get them put on disc? They have considerable sentimental value.

Take a look at this YouTube 'How To' video. Transfer it to your PC and then burn it onto a CD.

(Apologies to the OP, don't wish to hi-jack your thread).

How To Transfer Old Audio Cassettes To MP3 Files - YouTube

I found the reason ... its a very stupid reason... the audio cassetess was not connected to the car properly :) Thanks for the comments guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom