Audio 10 Head unit - anyone know a crack for the code?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
Someone's coming to see my car tommorow with a view to buying it, I've put the original head unit back in and have lost the code......!

I phoned MB who said take it to the stealer 'cos their techniocal help desk was closed 'til Monday.

Anyone help?

R

Originally posted by Richard W
Someone's coming to see my car tommorow with a view to buying it, I've put the original head unit back in and have lost the code......!

I phoned MB who said take it to the stealer 'cos their techniocal help desk was closed 'til Monday.

Anyone help?

R

I don't know, but what headunit is it?

Perhaps try a post on a Car Audio forum.

I think Halfords can do replacement keycards for Blaupunkts, but I know a few car audio shops that seem to be able to sort most radios out, I'm sure there is one near you.

c'mon graham .. the post title is audio 10 !!;)

if you had the car from new then the dealer would have the code but that not much help today , sorry.

I wouldnt worry though, just be honest if the buyer asks ...and maybe the buyer wont try the radio - is it really the difference between a sale or not if they cant test the radio ?? perhaps offer it without the audio 10 & when you have the code throw it in as a bonus

Last edited:
I am going to be fitting in my carphone tomnorrow and asked them about the code for my audio 10 . SAeemingly the W2032 audio 10 does not have a code and the radio serial number is within the D2B and thats the way the security operates. Dunno how true that is , if a code is required im going to be in a stinking mood on monday when i phone up and let it rip:D

Went to Greenoaks with the log book etc. took about 5 minutes and the git tried to charge me £15.....!:crazy:

When I told him that the MB help line would provide the same information free, he sort of 'hurumphhed' and said well 'anyway we normally charge for those cars not supplied from here.........' and it all went a bit quiet when I said 'yeah right!'

So it's working now, but the t£"t didn't even phone to say he wasn't coming..... :devil:

So the moral of the story is - get all the doc's and numbers when you buy the car!:rolleyes:

R

Jason - is the W203 Audio 10 the same as the W202? 'cos if it is, you'll need a code to get it working again!

Ive had the car apart today and its kind of back together ish in a loose term.

Ive connected the phone in and the stereo is hooked back up without a hitch.:d

Looks like the W203 one doesnt need a code after all. Its a unique fit in the dash and its an absolute bugger to get out.

You need to remove the airvent in the middle ( about a 20 min job the first time) ,and then the wooden panel in the centre console , disconnect all the plugs on the back of it and then undo two torx T20 screws to get it out.

It doesnt need a code , anyone going to the bother of stripping down the car to nick a radio thats not going to fit or work elsewhere will be picked up by men in white coats in due course.:p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom