Audio 10 radio cassette replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sadie Mercede

Hi,
I'm new to all this so please excuse me if I post in the wrong place.
I have a 2001 C180 Sport Evolution fitted with an Audio 10 radio/cassette player. I also ave a 6CD changer in the glove box which doesn't work. If I insert a CD and press play the display shows 'No CD'. I've tried various CDs and nothing works.. The radio isn't brilliant either and, as I'm a real music lover I would like to remove the radio cassette and the CD changer and replace them with something a little more modern which could be compatible with my phone. I use iTunes and/or Spotify for my music so a connection to my phone would be great. I'd like to know how to remove the current setup and what would e compatible with the steering wheel controls. Thanks in advance
I have no idea where to start as the gu
I have no idea where to start so I was hoping I might be able to get some advice from here.

Sadie Mercede said:
Hi,
I'm new to all this so please excuse me if I post in the wrong place.
I have a 2001 C180 Sport Evolution fitted with an Audio 10 radio/cassette player. I also ave a 6CD changer in the glove box which doesn't work. If I insert a CD and press play the display shows 'No CD'. I've tried various CDs and nothing works.. The radio isn't brilliant either and, as I'm a real music lover I would like to remove the radio cassette and the CD changer and replace them with something a little more modern which could be compatible with my phone. I use iTunes and/or Spotify for my music so a connection to my phone would be great. I'd like to know how to remove the current setup and what would e compatible with the steering wheel controls. Thanks in advance.

Remove Audio 10 : Car Stereo Fitting | Car Stereo Removal | Remove Car Stereo Advice | Fit Car Stereo Help

(youtube has videos too)

Get fitting kit for a standard size of head unit ( two din or one din)

For example : MERCEDES C Class W203 Double Din Car Stereo Fitting Kit Fascia Steering Control | eBay

( very over priced , research for a better price perhaps even at a local stockist )

as for my W203 I find steering controls only work for volume and track forward and reverse. No text is displayed on the centre console regarding track info or radio station.

Choose a aftermarket stereo with the features you require... Go to a shop and test it with what you want it to work with....:thumb:

xp2500 said:
Remove Audio 10 : Car Stereo Fitting | Car Stereo Removal | Remove Car Stereo Advice | Fit Car Stereo Help

(youtube has videos too)

Get fitting kit for a standard size of head unit ( two din or one din)

For example : MERCEDES C Class W203 Double Din Car Stereo Fitting Kit Fascia Steering Control | eBay

( very over priced , research for a better price perhaps even at a local stockist )

as for my W203 I find steering controls only work for volume and track forward and reverse. No text is displayed on the centre console regarding track info or radio station.

Choose a aftermarket stereo with the features you require... Go to a shop and test it with what you want it to work with....:thumb:

Thank you for the links. It looks complicated to the cassette player out but I'll give it a go :)

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I don't know how to remove the radio cassette ,maybe you can surf the methods on the internet , you know that many people could have the same problem. but i know a place that provides many models of the special cars Head unit . it is compatible with the steering wheel controls and your phone or the ipod .even you can insert a sd loading music .i think this is more convenient than phone . you can check it :happyshoppinglife and look whether there is the standard model fitting your car
hoping i can help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom