Audio 20 Aux Lead Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andylinney

Car
Volvo c70 T5 / BMW 316Sport
I wondered if it was possible to get an Aux lead that I can fit into a 2007 W245 Audio 20 head unit? Is there perhaps a socket on the back of the unit I can plug into or has MB made it nigh on impossible?

I'd be wanting to go from the head unit to a 3.5mm stereo jack.

Thanks, Andy.

I brought one from ebay, for about £15 me thinks from memory a while ago has a 3.5mm stereo jack, but my audio 20 is in a 2005 W209 CLK

here's what i did for my MP3 player -
purchased AUX - 3.5mm jack lead from ebay (£15)
hooked up to audio 20, then ran lead up centre console trim past gear stick and up through cup holder.
Plug in MP3 and hey presto.
To activate AUX you need to keep the CDC button pressed down for approx 5 seconds.
One thing I have found is the volume is significantly quieter on AUX. Not found anything on how to increase this to match the vol of the other functions......

I wondered if it was possible to get an Aux lead that I can fit into a 2007 W245 Audio 20 head unit? Is there perhaps a socket on the back of the unit I can plug into or has MB made it nigh on impossible?

I'd be wanting to go from the head unit to a 3.5mm stereo jack.

Thanks, Andy.
Andy

I think you should be able to get the lead from command.co.uk I think for the B class, you should be able to plug the line into the head unit on its back. You might be able to get it cheaper, I dont know. I got my w 203 lead from MB B'ham and cost me about £25.00. There are videos on youtube on how to get the head unit out...try searching parrot install on mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom