Audio 20 Bluetooth Audio connectivity W212 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
In engineering mode I have switched BT Audio to ON, restarted the Audio and have de-authorized and re-authorized BT Phone but still can't stream music from my iPhone. When pressing DISC I can only chose one of 1-6 CDs, Media Interface or AUX, no mention of BT Stream or anything similar. Tried the same with Samsung and no result again. BT Phone connects and making and receiving calls works.

The system is Audio 20 with 6CD changer and Media interface in a glove box.

While scrolling through engineering mode, it looks like there are two sets of BT connection:
Set1 is named a cradle and has it's own pass code (which is different to my BT pass code), I don't know what it is and
Set2 is only described as BT Audio Set2

Any pointers how to make BT audio work?

I believe you can only use the bluetooth on the audio 20 for making phone calls but dont take to much notice of me somebody who definitely knows will be along soon.

I believe you can only use the bluetooth on the audio 20 for making phone calls but dont take to much notice of me somebody who definitely knows will be along soon.
Just to clarify that it depends on the MY.

Early Audio20 units had no BT at all, then they had BT for voice calls only, and later units have full BT features including Audio streaming.

Pretty sure you can't do it without adding hardware

I bought one of these recently.

UK Wireless Interface Bluetooth Music Adapter For Mercedes-Benz MMI AUX Cable | eBay

It hasn't arrived yet but appears to be a good workaround, assuming it functions as I'm hoping it will.

The lack of BT streaming and dab in my car frustated the hell out of me tbh. It's all retrofit possible but costs a bloody fortune.

Early Audio20 units had no BT at all, then they had BT for voice calls only, and later units have full BT features including Audio streaming.
That's what confused me, because there is a BT Audio in engineering mode which can be switched on, which I did, but still nothing.

Pretty sure you can't do it without adding hardware

I bought one of these recently.

UK Wireless Interface Bluetooth Music Adapter For Mercedes-Benz MMI AUX Cable | eBay

It hasn't arrived yet but appears to be a good workaround, assuming it functions as I'm hoping it will.

The lack of BT streaming and dab in my car frustated the hell out of me tbh. It's all retrofit possible but costs a bloody fortune.
Report back when it comes please. I would be happy with it it if works.
Does it connects as AUX or Multimedia connection?

Looks like it connects into the mmi socket but then presents itself to the car as the AUX input. The physical headphone jack cable is then replace by the Bluetooth connection.

Looks like it has a usb socket on the front too, if you have music stored on usb.....which is kinda redundant tech nowadays.

The main thing I want is for it to power up and down with the ignition. Then allow me to play stuff of my phone (obviously) but still use the cars bt phone functions....I'm pretty sure it should do that. Essentially just removed the unsightly aux cable I'm having to use at the moment.

It won't give you any control of tracks with the head unit though.

Here are the photos of what it looks like in engineering mode
Main screen:
IMG_8114.jpg

TEL screen:
IMG_8115.jpg

Active BT Profiles:
IMG_8116.jpg

BT software version:
IMG_8117.jpg
External Player screen showing UCI and BT A:
IMG_8118.jpg

First screen when entered BTA:
IMG_8119.jpg
2nd screen of BTA:
IMG_8120.jpg

BT Audio Off
IMG_8121.jpg

BT audio ON:
IMG_8122.jpg

And still nothing :wallbash:
IMG_8123.jpg

How can you tell what you have I have just bought one with bluetooth it would be nice if it did support it ,

Yes, the NTG2 didn't have Bluetooth; then came NTG2.5 with voice calls only BT, not sure about exact later models, NTG4 I believe was the one, introducing the audio streaming.

How can you tell what you have I have just bought one with bluetooth it would be nice if it did support it

You can tell by either HU model number, or (less certain) its design / appearance or manufacturing date.
If you post a couple of pics - front and label - someone will be able to identify it for sure.

I just bought one of these after reading this post but unfortunatley it doesnt work on mine and my engineering mode doesnt have those settings !

Here are the photos of what it looks like in engineering mode
Main screen:
View attachment 78358

TEL screen:
View attachment 78359

Active BT Profiles:
View attachment 78360

BT software version:
View attachment 78361
External Player screen showing UCI and BT A:
View attachment 78362

First screen when entered BTA:
View attachment 78363
2nd screen of BTA:
View attachment 78364

BT Audio Off
View attachment 78365

BT audio ON:
View attachment 78366

And still nothing :wallbash:
View attachment 78367
Hi,
Did u solve this problem?

Well had the car 2 years it came with a couple of cables, i looked around to see where they fit, yep in the armrest, i do not have a clue what they do or can do, and if i saw what you have on the screen i would be cr*ping myself, good luck with achieving what you are after, i'm taking the cowardly way out, phone though Serie or just change the channel if i don't like the music. One day someone will show me the easy way of doing things, till that day i will read and still be stumped. P.s. i have mastered the sat nav more or less, :oops: good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom