Audio 20 Bluetooth streaming Aux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rajmak

Car
Mercedes CLK 220 cdi
HI,

i have done some research and have drawn up a plan to allow me to use any bluetooth device to play music through my audio 20 headunit.

i am thinking to buy the below:

HandFree Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter Play Music to Car AUX / Stereo Speaker | eBay

and attached it to my Aux, hard wire the power to the cig lighter with an fuse inline.

Hopefully this will allow me to play music through my aux port.

Has anyone done this already? if so is the quality of music good or bad?

I'm gonna do this myself. There are posts of people fitting aux cables enabling aux capability but I've only actually seen proof of a guy doing it on YouTube using a Bluetooth headset with controls on it. I'm at the dilemma of finding out if my own 54 plate actually has the aux connector under passenger kick plate or not. Hopefully it is then I'm going to do more or less the same as your doing. Am going to check tomorrow for it. I could be wrong but some people talk about taking power from cigarette lighter for Bluetooth devices but if the Bluetooth device is standard USB charge port then its 5 volts. Cigarette lighter is 12vlts. So surely u would have to fit a USB port aswell behind it to charge the Bluetooth device.

AUX port music quality isnt great and the volume is quite low aswell.

There are better more integrated solutions.

I've also been looking into this after failing at trying to get dab in my 2011 E220 cabriolet and Bluetooth streaming not working for some reason! So I bought a 30pin Bluetooth receiver that arrived this morning, plugged it into the iPod connector in the glove box, connected to phone and............ media unavailable showing on the radio display! The receiver works perfectly fine on my Bose sounddock and also daughters gear4 dock too, anyone had any success in streaming this way?

Last edited:
You need a Tune2air WMA1000 (which are no longer available, so very limited stock available since Apple pointed out to ViseeO that their use of the 30 pin connector infringed apple patent)

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo_wma1000.html

This transfers all the playlists etc as-well as streaming music to a Mercedes iPod kit or Mercedes Media Interface.

if your car has the Media Interface option, use a WMA3000A https://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo-wma300a.html
which plugs directly into the media interface socket

Cheers

Richard

Cheers Richard!! Would these also work for streaming via radio apps too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom