Audio 20 bluetooth upgrade kit ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeParry

Car
B200 CDI
I am hoping someone like Richard could confirm what kit I would need to connect a bluetooth audio 20 Radio/CD player to replace none bluetooth Audio 20 in a w245 b200 CDI 2005 ,also what I would need to put an auxilary socket in it .

If I remember correctly, we've established that, you have no fibre optic (MOST) units. i.e. no CDC, UHI or Bose amp, right?
Or was it a telephone console only on the MOST network? I can double check if you PM you VIN.

If that's the case, then it will be a straight swap, no additional cooling duct required (like with COMAND retrofit) - assuming you bought an NTG2.5 Audio 20 unit (I believe I posted a pic of the one I tried in my car?).

If you do have telephone pre-wire, then no coding will be required on STAR for the bluetooth function, as far as I know.

For the AUX socket you'll need either OE cable, terminating with female 3.5mm socket in the glove box (there's a dimple on the back of the glove box case, where you drill the hole for it); or you can get a generic one, terminating with a 3.5mm jack, which you can route to either the glove box or the power socket tray. For the aftermarket cable, just search for AUX W169 or AUX W245 on eBay or Amazon. They only a couple of pounds.

There are a few videos on YouTube on removal and re-fit of radio for W169 and W245 (absolutely identical process, parts and wiring).

I do have UHI also a subwoofer speaker fitted on the spare wheel the more I read the more confused I get I keep seeing that you need to extend the microphone & Bits
perhaps I am over thinking it all and should just try it . At the moment I am thinking I will need to connect the microphone at least and I wont have a bluetooth antenna .

Below is what it is says on the comand online site .

This is the set of wiring adapters and bluetooth antenna you need to install the appropriate new Hard Disk based COMAND NTG2.5 into an A, B, CLC, ML, GL, R or Sprinter/Vito/Viano.

*NOW includes FM/AM antenna splitter so both FM and AM radio functions*

This is for vehicles with existing phone systems, but which had the Audio-20 / Sound-20 installed already.

The kit consists of: -
Microphone connection cable set.
FM/AM antenna splitter adapter
Bluetooth antenna
FM power connection
AUX input shell (to re-wire AUX input)

The AUX input shell can also be used to convert an existing iPod kit to work with the NTG2.5 Hard disks unit.

For cars with Harmon Karden sound system additional parts will be required.

Thanks again for posting Knowing me I have got it all wrong somewhere.

I thought you were going to fit an Audio 20 NTG2.5?

If you want an NTG2.5 COMAND, then I strongly suggest you go to Comand.co.uk and get it done properly.

If, on the other hand you want newer Audio 20, or indeed an aftermarket unit, I’d be happy to help:)

As far as I knew I had bought just a newer audio 20 and reading all the bits everywhere I, I thought that was what the above referred to seems the only thing I got right was the statement ,that I had got it all wrong , I have managed to buy a newer audio 20 I think I had better just fit it and see how it goes , Thanks again .

No worries... I’m sure the forum will walk you through this ...

Have you bought a unit that looks like the picture I posted in the other thread? In particular, there’s no SD card slot on top of the CD one?

Same kit will work for Audio-20 and for COMAND. If you have UHI already, then buy the kit for cars with Phone, then you can use the existing (hidden) microphones.
As you have UHI It should just work, unless the Audio-20 has come out of a car with Harmon Kardon (which is very rare to have HK and Audio-20) - if you don't have UHI the steering wheel phone buttons will need enabling with Star Diagnosis.

Cheers
Richard

Reactions: GLK
Well I did get around to fitting the face lift audio 20 head unit and managed ,my thanks to GLK without whom I would never known it was possible and whom insisted it was a straight swop and it was ,although to connect the existing microphones did need a slight alteration to the connections on the back ,I did cheat a bit by buying a cable kit from Comand Online to enable me to extend the cables to the existing microphone also combine the AM & FM antennas plus provide a bluetooth antenna ,also thanks to Richard at Comand Online who pointed me in the right direction when I was unsure about the microphone connections .
So really why I am posting this is to say it wasnt that hard and if i can manage it anyone can .

Great result! Always nice to read about a successful mod. :)

Same kit will work for Audio-20 and for COMAND. If you have UHI already, then buy the kit for cars with Phone, then you can use the existing (hidden) microphones.
As you have UHI It should just work, unless the Audio-20 has come out of a car with Harmon Kardon (which is very rare to have HK and Audio-20) - if you don't have UHI the steering wheel phone buttons will need enabling with Star Diagnosis.

Cheers
Richard
It is rare. But normal in some C55 AMG's (mine) when the first owner was happy to spend almost £50K (in 2006) on a car but not spec it up to command (=/-£1500) it - along with parking sensors - was one of the very few cost option extras available to buyers of brand new C55's. I wonder if the fact that mine has Audio 20 instead of command as standard makes it even more rare :eek: ! Most , if not all photos (ad's) I have seen for C55 show them with command. Yet to see another one in the flesh...after 20 months of ownership (wagon or saloon).

Hello, I also have a w245 with the old Audio 20. I would like to swap it with the bluetooth version for handfree calling. Does anyone knows what I need?
I don't have UHI, so there are no microphones in the cars. How do I install this? Do I need to add wires to the quadlock?

All NTG2.5 units use an external bluetooth antenna
Cheers
R

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom