Audio 20 - carplay - A180d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

odietv

Car
Merc
Hi,

ive got a late 2015 A180d with AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5 installed, i have the 2 usbs in the center arm, but have no carplay option

i realise that carplay was an standard for 2016 models onwards (typical), but i wondered if there was a way of flashing the NTG5.

I would like to know what version of NTG5 i have but i cannot find the information, is there a hidden menu that displays the extra information about versions and alike?

Hi,

ive got a late 2015 A180d with AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5 installed, i have the 2 usbs in the center arm, but have no carplay option

i realise that carplay was an standard for 2016 models onwards (typical), but i wondered if there was a way of flashing the NTG5.

I would like to know what version of NTG5 i have but i cannot find the information, is there a hidden menu that displays the extra information about versions and alike?

Carplay isnt just a flashing of the head unit.

It requires hardware, Comand and coding to be retrofitted.

so is there a way to find out what version i have ?

wdd1760122j412695

Thats a model year 2016 Audio-20 - navigation capable - head unit you have with the large screen (and a very nice colour car)

The CarPlay official retrofit is only for cars with COMAND (because the USB ports are different with Audio-20 to COMAND for cars with Live Traffic)

I don't (haven't tried or researched) to put newer parts in and see if it works - are you sure you can get Audio-20 with CarPlay for MY2016 ?

Richard

Thats a model year 2016 Audio-20 - navigation capable - head unit you have with the large screen (and a very nice colour car)

The CarPlay official retrofit is only for cars with COMAND (because the USB ports are different with Audio-20 to COMAND for cars with Live Traffic)

I don't (haven't tried or researched) to put newer parts in and see if it works - are you sure you can get Audio-20 with CarPlay for MY2016 ?

Richard

thanks its a fun colour :)

im not sure at all, i just read that the newer 2106 models have carplay on them and they look the same inside so i was wondering it was possible, ive seen people mention the 2 sockets in the center console which mine has, all a bit confusing for a newbie who has oodles of smart car knowledge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom