Audio 20 compatability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Storm

I've got a A209, with a broken CD player (everything works, it's just that the CD loading mechanism has been broken by my 2 year old inserting a number of 2p coins into the slot... :wallbash:)

I'd like a replacement - and as MB want in the region of £500-700 I've looked at ebay. There are a few Audio 20 units on there, but most aren't from a CLK.

My question is - is it possible to fit an Audio 20 unit from a different model into the CLK? One example I'm looking at in particular is one from a W203. Also - I've got an official MB iPod kit - should I expect any compatibility issues?

The more you guys can help me save, the less I have to take out of my son's piggy bank ;)

Many thank

Bump - Does anyone have an idea? Or could anyone point me in the right direction of someone who might know. My local dealers have just tried to sell me a new unit.

Thanks

Hi Storm,

I am presuming you mean W209...

A W203 Audio 20 (I read from on here somewhere), is unlikely to fit well owing to the shape of the centre console.

Now, there is someone on here who had one for sale, and... if you look at www.comand.co.uk they often have second user units for sale.

The official ipod kit will work fine, but I find that it could use the inline audio amp to boost the levels into the Audio 20.

BTW 500-600 is for a Comand, expect to pay around 200 for an Audio 20

No biggy, at the moment I have to adjust the volume when swapping between ipod and Radio....

Last edited:
Comand online has an Audio 20 unit which matches your model.

LINK

EDIT: Baron beat me to it :eek:

Thanks for the info! Appreciated, especially for the link to Comand.

A209 = Convertable CLK (IIRC).

:)

Course it is :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom