Audio 20 dead since battery change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikemoss

Car
E320 estate
Puzzled by this one, so hope somebody may shed some light on it for me. Every since a new battery was fitted my Audio 20 has remained resolutely dead (nothing to do with entering the code, I can't even get that far).

I've checked the two fuses, one under the rear seat the other in the engine compartment, that appear to be related to the radio. Have I missed something?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Mike

Is this an S210 or an S211? I thought Audio 20 was for a W211 while the fuse box under the rear seat should be for the W210?

Does the car have other devices on the fibre ring?

Did you check if the head unit has a fuse at the rear of the unit? I would measure the voltage at the radio connector.

Oh now you'e got me! The vehicle is a W210 estate, the only other device linked to the head unit is the CD changer and I'm blowed if I can see how to remove the head unit to check further. Useful advice though DieselBenz, so thanks for that.

Oh now you'e got me! The vehicle is a W210 estate, the only other device linked to the head unit is the CD changer and I'm blowed if I can see how to remove the head unit to check further. Useful advice though DieselBenz, so thanks for that.

Okay, then the unit cannot be an Audio 20. It is either audio 10, Audio 30 or Comand. As Malcolm says, using the correct removal keys you can slide the unit out and check the fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom