Audio 20 - drop in replacement with Nav?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sulaco

Car
E class convertible
Hello, new to the forum so apologies if this has been covered before...

I have a late 2011 E class convertible - the car is great but the audio system is pitiful...I'd like to know if there is a drop in replacement that will improve the volume (at the moment it's unbelievably quiet even at max volume), add sat nav, DAB and preferably bluetooth audio as well? The car has a display screen which seems to be used only for the radio selection...which I don't really get - can this be used for Sat Nav display?

I've always had a company car before this Mercedes but just got sick of paying the BIK - the audio in this new purchase was an after thought for me as I had assumed (wrongly....) that the basics such as DAB and bluetooth audio should have been included...any and all advice would be hugely appreciated - right now the audio system and connectivity is the only thing stopping me from loving this new car..!

Many thanks, Tom.

If you mean via the input aux jack socket, they're all quiet. You need to boost the volume with something. I have a little headphone amplifier in the glovebox, which lets me raise the volume to match that of a CD playing the same song.

Hi, thanks for the reply - no - ideally I would like to swap out the entire head unit for a drop in replacement that will answer all the short comings of the audio 20 system...i'd like to ditch the aux option altogether and connect via bluetooth audio - also want NAV so the question is whether I can pop out the 20 and pop in something else that will solve all my problems!

There isnt a drop in unit for the W212/W207 E class. As you can see there is an audio unit in the centre dash and a separate screen above. The only unit that will drive that screen is the Mercedes unit you have in the car. no-one yet makes any aftermarket system that integrates with the car.

If you upgrade to Comand then you can get audio streaming, Navigation (better sound too) and also add DAB but the costs for this are not cheap. It is though the only solution that will properly integrate in the car with the steering wheel and instrument cluster.

Send your VIN number to [email protected] with a list of requirements and we will give you a quotation.

What about Android head replacement units with all the gubbins, anyone have any experience of them, t'Bay has a direct swap for my CLS year and model, fitted with Canbus doo-dah et al.

Has BT / phone / streaming from Galaxy Note / Tel dir / DVD / usb / 3G / wi-fi / rear camera / sat-nav ( which I am informed by my dealer can't be upgraded as the NTG was installed by Arthur Negus... ..Comand told me the same).

My audio go-to guy has 'allegedly' fitted a few to MBs without problems.

Thoughts / experiences from senior worthies appreciated.

Last edited:
What about Android head replacement units with all the gubbins, anyone have any experience of them, t'Bay has a direct swap for my CLS year and model, fitted with Canbus doo-dah et al.

Has BT / phone / streaming from Galaxy Note / Tel dir / DVD / usb / 3G / wi-fi / rear camera / sat-nav ( which I am informed by my dealer can't be upgraded as the NTG was installed by Arthur Negus... ..Comand told me the same).

My audio go-to guy has 'allegedly' fitted a few to MBs without problems.

Thoughts / experiences from senior worthies appreciated.

Those Android clone drop in things are dreadful. Cheap nasty rubbish.

Email me your VIN number to [email protected] and I will give you some options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom