audio 20 gateway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robk

ive been trying to change my audio 20 with cassette and separate 6 cd changer to a blaupunkt woodstock dab radio .ive got the new panel to hold the head unit . im trying to find how to connect up ive been told the only way is to completeley rewire everthing including speakers and aerial (in rear window) as its not possible to by adaptor leads because of the fibre optic leads.ive looked at the audio gateway and i need to know wat the connections are. any help please

Whats the car please? I very much doubt you will need to do a full rewire.

Not going to be easy but the speaker wires can be found from the AGW. Just that it should be a 4-channel plus centre fill amp, I assume the new unit would be a four channel device? Difficult to say if it would be simpler to feed all four channels from the HU to the back or try to reach door speakers individually and directly from the head unit.

The AGW receives audio over the fibre and I doubt you can use AGW with the new head unit at all.

Playing a bit might make it possible to use the rear antenna but you would still need to feed the wire to the front as it now goes to the AGW. In any case you would lose the diversity reception feature.

Whats the car please? I very much doubt you will need to do a full rewire.

Oh yes, from the Audio 20 CC and AGW I thought it was an early W211 E-class. I guess pretty much the same as for a W211 even if it was another car.

the car is a 2003 w211 e270 cdi

the head unit has not got iso connectors ive aldeady had the unit out and when i tried auto leads they said there was no adaptor leads available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom