Audio 20 head unit upgrade c220 2005.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rossco73

Car
2005, C220 Cdi 4dr Auto **********e.
hi there I'm a newbie here so bare with me on my questions, I have a 2005 c220 cdi, the head unit in the car is the NTG1 audio 20, it has the connection for the Bluetooth in the arm rest but I have the old connector so its no good, anyways the cd on the unit is broken and it dosent have a multi changer so stuck with radio. can anyone point me in the right direction on a upgrade weather a newer merc head unit would go into it? so I can have Bluetooth phone connectivity mp3 and dvd if possible all with keeping rake functions? if not what have people been going for and can I get all the stuff in one place, sorry for the long rant but ive got Radio for goodness sake, please your help will me much appreciated....:doh:

W203_NTG25.jpg

They can be had second-hand off eBay for £300-£600.

But best talk to Alfie at www.comandonline.co.uk who retrofitted mine.

thank you for the swift reply, they seem great but are pricey what is the after market stuff like ive heard some of it is ok like the android stuff, to be honest I'm not really fussed about satnav if this would bring the price down, but would want all the obvious stuff like Bluetooth phone, mp3 even usb playback. thanks again.

I was looking at Android after-market units (for my other car), but I read posts suggesting the some of these Chinese units are poorly made and overheat etc. Maybe someone else can recommend a units they have and works well? There are other after-market units made by Pioneer etc but they are again pricey.

But instead of replacing the Audio 20, maybe you just go for a separate BT (e.g. Parrot)?

Thanks markjay i will look into all options, very much apreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom