Audio 20 help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Real Merc Man

Car
Mercedes W213 E350d AMG Line Premium Plus
I have a 2008 CLC with the standard black and white audio 20 head unit.

I have now fitted the Audio 20 colour screen version as has bluetooth
Everything works fine apart from the Ipod connection

I have the preinstalled ipod jack plug in the glove box, but it wont fit into the head unit iso plug where it was the MIC now plugs in.

Anyone know a way to get the orginal Ipod connection to work with the Later Audio 20 Please.

On my CLK, the glovebox aux socket for my Audio 20 plugs into a connector near the passenger door sill where the wiring loom passes from front to rear, not into the head unit as you would have thought.

Russ

Do you have the optional ipod kit or simply an aux input?

You have to rewire it in to a different shell. Comand Online provide the shell as part of their conversion kit. Email them to see if they can provide it seperate. Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: A/B/CLC/ML/GL/R COMAND NTG2.5 (Hard Disk) retrofit kit - cars with phone.

from comand online said:
AUX input shell (to re-wire AUX input)
The AUX input shell can also be used to convert an existing iPod kit to work with the NTG2.5 Hard disks unit.

Or you can get on the following link, you need the 12 pin socket and terminals. quadlock accessory at Nexxia

Last edited:
Bump,

I am wishing to fit a colour screen Audio 20 to a 2005 211 simply to get the aux input, how easy is this to do?

I'd be interested to know this also. Would it have an affect on my HFP and cd changer?

Existing cd changer, phone pre-wire / bluetooth adapter will be made redundant so just remove and sell them on.

How easy it is on the W211 depends on what audio unit you have now. Easiest swap is from Audio 20 cd to the newer Audio 20 cd. See upgrading the audio system section: W211 E, W219 CLS and R171 SLK Audio Systems Also if you have HK then you have to replace both the HK amps which are over £1200 alone.

Mercupgrades.com also has the guides on how to remove the W211 stereo etc.

Comand Online sell the NTG2.5 conversion kits. Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W211 last E, W219 CLS Two kits available depending on if your car has phone pre-wire or not.

Also plenty of previous threads about this upgrade on the W211 use the search.

Last edited:
Anyone got a pin configuration diagram for the later Audio 20 (colour screen and bluetooth).
As my CLC is prewired with the Ipod jack socket in the glovebox, but was fitted with the original Audio 20 non bluetooth.

I purchased a later Audio 20 colour screen version and it came with the mic, bluetooth aerial, aerial adaptor and an ipod lead.
The ipod lead that came with new audio 20 has a male plug to put into the ipod, but as I have the prewired ipod connector I want to keep that one but the plug into the new head unit is different so it will not fit.

So think the only way is to change the wire around in the plug, so hoping someone will have the pin configuration so I can check which pins to connect to.

Many thanks

Attached as as I mentioned in post three you need a new shell / plug.

Attachments

• ntg2.5.jpg
    ntg2.5.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
you can fit the aux input on the old audio 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom