Audio 20 Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beetnik

Car
Volvo V60 2.4 bi-turbo: SLK 200
I have a 2008 SLK with an oem Audio 20 fitted so functions are: Radio, CD and phone (via Bluetooth).

I'd like to hook up my Android phone to play music in the car. It has a micro USB connection which will keep it charged and a standard 3.5mm headphone socket.

What recommendations does anyone have - from cheap and cheerful to expensive and all singing?

MB dealer or independent to do it? (not my area of expertise)

You will already have an aux input in the glovebox so you can use that.

I am using an FM transmitter for the kids to listen to their iPods/iPhones.

The main downside when compared to an Aux port or proper iPod connector is that you can hear the music on the car's radio, but you can't choose songs from the radio's control (e.g. move to the next song or go back to the previous one etc).

The advantage however is that I have a small unit that bolts on to the the iPod/iPhone, and does not require external power (it is powered by the iPod), so the kids can control the iPod from the back seat, something they would have found difficult to do with a physical wire going into the glove compartment at the front.

For the Android, it seems that there are a few different FM transmitter solution, including some that are just an App and require no additional hardware. You can Google it, or have a look at these two as examples:

Amazon.com: GOgroove Flexsmart X2 Advanced Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling Capability for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Electronics

tuneLink: Your Android’s audio to your car stereo, no wires needed. - Gadgets

You will already have an aux input in the glovebox so you can use that.

So there is - and it works! :bannana:

Three years of ownership and I'd never noticed it :wallbash:

Fixed for a five quid cable.

Thank you.

[action] goes off to RTFM [/action]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom