Audio 20 sound options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Sue has just got a 2009 B class with the facelifted Audio 20 (colour) I know I can burn CD's with MP3 files but can she also play MP3 files from a USB memory stick? See below for what is in the glovebox - what does she need please?

thumbnail_IMG_20200713_195636.jpg

Sue has just got a 2009 B class with the facelifted Audio 20 (colour) I know I can burn CD's with MP3 files but can she also play MP3 files from a USB memory stick? See below for what is in the glovebox - what does she need please?

View attachment 99402
That looks like a stereo mini jack socket for auxiliary audio input. So headphone socket from a phone, iPod or similar.

I'm not seeing a USB input that would be needed for a memory stick.

That looks like a stereo mini jack socket for auxiliary audio input. So headphone socket from a phone, iPod or similar.

I'm not seeing a USB input that would be needed for a memory stick.

Thanks - can I add USB functionality? If so, what do I need? I am guessing the grey part is where I'd put the connector

Thanks - can I add USB functionality? If so, what do I need? I am guessing the grey part is where I'd put the connector
I think the grey part may rotate so that cool air can be ported into the glovebox?

I don't know if USB functionality can be added. The guys at COMAND online may be able to clue you in, perhaps an email to them?

Can get quite a number of albums/tracks on a CD in MP3 format, so having a few of these handy might be the easiest way forward.

Yes, the grey part is for air cooling.

I think that vintage of B Class shares a similar age of tech as in the W211 and you have to spend a fair few quid to add in iPod/iPhone compatibility and I think you need the telephone pre-wire option.

No USB option.

I would check if your stereo supports DVDs though as my 211 55 did - you can fit way more MP3s on but they could only be 1 folder-deep on my car.

I had around 6 DVDs with all my music on and they lasted a while before I had to change discs.

This will be the cheapest options by far I imagine as it was for me (about 50p in DVDs!).

There maybe other options now but I suspect it will mean changing the stereo to an Alpine unit if available or a Chinese-Android-based unit which are a bit of a gamble.

As above though - Comand Online are the gurus when it comes to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom