Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonro2009

Car
Soon to be A180
Hi everyone, my name is Jon and today I picked up my new (to me) A180d Sport. It’s a late 2015 plate. I am completely new to the brand.

I believe it has the Audio 20 system, on the VIN decoder it says “522: Audio 20 Radio Navigation Capable NTG5. The dealer said that they have ensured that it is running the latest firmware.

My questions are;

1. How do I check the firmware, and what is the up to date version? - I have tried pressing ‘hang up + 1 + #’ which hasn’t shown up anything.

2. I want to use one of the OBD dongles to enable Android Auto, I’ve seen a few on Amazon and EBay. What stereo/firmware do I need to have to do this? It is the only thing letting the car down, for me anyway.

I have genuinely scoured google for the last 3 nights to try and answer my own question but can’t find anything.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not all Audio 20 systems are capable of carplay/auto.

I have a 2017 C300h with Audio 20 and that is not compatible.

As above.

The A-Class only gained native support for Android Auto this year, so earlier models don't have it, and therefore it can't be enabled via the OBDII port.

Forum sponsors www.comandonline.co.uk can supply and fit a third-party device that adds Android Auto to older Mercedes cars that do not have native support for it, however you'll need to contact them to see if your car is covered.

Thank you both, that's a disappointment. The dealer told me I would be able to activate it.

I have seen the system that is retrofitted on another post, I think it was around £500 so I will need to take a closer look using the link you've provided. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do check again with the dealer then... I only know what I read online :)

I may be wrong, the dealer may be right.

But either way, www.comandonline.co.uk will know the answer for sure.

I have been researching retro-fitting Carplay in my R172 (in HK) and my W205 (in UK) having observed the factory fitted Carplay in my daughter's W246.

On the W246, Carplay is activated as soon as the iPhone is plugged in. On aftermarket kits, most of them have the advantage that they connect wirelessly, however, Aux need to be selected in order for CarPlay to work. Even then, in some (most cases?) the steering wheel control buttons changes the tracks unintentionally.

Hi, thanks very much for the replies.

The dealer may be wrong, they will say anything to sell a car! I have contacted commandonline and they are going to get back to me.

I managed to find out the device information on my Audio 20. It is a NTG5Star1 running software version 30.09 - is this the most recent version, if not then what is?

When I have been reading up it says that the dongle can be used on W176 with NTG5Star1 which is what I have, but obviously some respondents here have said it’s not possible [emoji2371]

I guess I’ll have to wait for commandonline to get back to me.

Thanks again, I’ll reply back when I hear from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom