audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robk

ive removed my audio 20 radio with cassette from my 2003 w211 and fitted a blaupunkt dab unit . i bought special leads because there were no iso connections .i connected the aerial cable via an extension lead (in rear screen) but it does not amplify the signal i assume the amp must get its power from the audio gateway but i cant see how.ive checked the fuses for both aerial and gateway in boot but cant find anything wrong. any help please

Audio 20 CC should not have a tuner but the AGW in the back. I understand the antenna coax that previously went to AGW was wired to the front.

The FM antenna amp should get power from the rear SAM, perhaps the rear SAM does not switch it on before the radio is on and now that the radio is removed, rear SAM does not get this info? Perhaps you could wire the antenna amp signal from the new HU to the rear, disconnect the current feed from the rear SAM?

i unpluged the aerial connection that comes from the aerial amp and connected it to the new lead supplied with the iso kit .the aerial amp has 6 cables that are connected to the rear screen then there is a coax cable that used to go to audio gateway .there is another connector at the bottom of the amp which has i think 6 cables but i cant see where they go to

The main reason why amps are fitted is the size of the cables, signals will pass though 75 ohm ok, when you get down to the thin 50 ohm on the cars they need a boost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom