Audio 30/Fibre optic and Ebay Advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG Sean

Car
Chrysler 300c SRT Design CRD
Further to my Radio Screeching thread..........The Audio 30 mercedes audio 30 radio cassette on eBay (end time 23-Feb-10 09:27:23 GMT)
I bought doesn't work the changer - seller is saying that the unit is wrong for my 98 c280 because this unit needs a fibre optic cable - everything on mine is OEM factory fitted should these units not be interchangeable?

Does mine not have a fibre optic cable?

What does it look like and where does it plug into this unit?

Currently at Paypal resolution centre but am prepared to escalate to claim my money back, what would you do.

Do a search on the forum for 'd2b' and you will find some info on the older D2B fibre optic system.

Further to my Radio Screeching thread..........The Audio 30 mercedes audio 30 radio cassette on eBay (end time 23-Feb-10 09:27:23 GMT)
I bought doesn't work the changer - seller is saying that the unit is wrong for my 98 c280 because this unit needs a fibre optic cable - everything on mine is OEM factory fitted should these units not be interchangeable?

Does mine not have a fibre optic cable?

What does it look like and where does it plug into this unit?

Currently at Paypal resolution centre but am prepared to escalate to claim my money back, what would you do.

Your 98 C280 is a W202 and wont have fibre in it. I would simply return the item as not suitable and ask for your money back.

edit: If you bought it as a buy it now on ebay and you are within a week or two of having received it you are entitled to a refund. check the terms and conditions on ebay.

The Ebay seller only mentioned the ability to operate a cd changer, its the buyer's responsibility to make sure it is correct or his car...so I expect you are saddled with it.

Last edited:
Does this vintage of Audio 30 cassette player have a fibre connection?

Why does mine not? It's not like I didn't have a changer - it is all OEM factory fitted with the boot mounted changer.

There are Audio ** cassette players made by other manufacturers, Alpine IIRC. You have bought one of the newer ones made by Becker with D2B fibre connection for the cd changer which Alfie has confirmed was not found in your year car. So the cd changer you have is an older one without D2B fibre connection. You need to find a headunit without D2B.

Last edited:
Your 98 C280 is a W202 and wont have fibre in it. I would simply return the item as not suitable and ask for your money back.

edit: If you bought it as a buy it now on ebay and you are within a week or two of having received it you are entitled to a refund. check the terms and conditions on ebay.

It was off ebay but not a BIN item - mine was the only bid at £30

There are Audio ** cassette players made by other manufacturers, Alpine IIRC. You have bought one of the newer ones made by Becker with D2B fibre connection for the cd changer which Alfie has confirmed was not found in your year car. So the cd changer you have is an older one without D2B fibre connection. You need to find a headunit without D2B.

or a new cd changer fibre cable and a new fibre cd changer :)

It is a Becker unit - where does the fibre connect to? all the multiplugs are connected and doesn't seem like there is room for any more cables

It is a Becker unit - where does the fibre connect to? all the multiplugs are connected and doesn't seem like there is room for any more cables

on the back of the unit , below the heatsink in the rectangular cut out

I wouldnt expect paypal to help on this.. the sellers description is short but correct.
It was your decision to buy it... he has provided reasonable photos etc.

For £30 is a steal anyway... Id bet you could sell it for double that on ebay.

Thanks npuk - what do pins
audio30-anschlussbelegung-gro%C3%9F.JPG

7,8,9 and 10 on the top plug do - I haven't got these on the ebay one but have on mine these are the only differences I can see and although I have got D2B on both units I haven't got a fibre optic cable - does my unit operate the CD changer from 7,8,9,10???

Last edited:
For £30 is a steal anyway... Id bet you could sell it for double that on ebay.

Why would it be worth so much - it's only the cassette version?

My bid was the only bid last time and it doesn't do what I thought it should so in my mind is worthless unless replacing a busted one in a simliar vintage mercedes with the fibre optic cable?

Searched for D2B and very little comes back relevant to my issue. Does my existing unit have dual capabililty - it does have the D2B socket but not the fibre optic cable. How does it control the CD player?

Swapped it all back and it's working.

I'll put it back on the 'bay and hope Jay is right[worth double what I paid]

Why would it be worth so much - it's only the cassette version?

My bid was the only bid last time and it doesn't do what I thought it should so in my mind is worthless unless replacing a busted one in a simliar vintage mercedes with the fibre optic cable?

Jay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom