Audio 50 Anti-Theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manjimonkey

Car
2011, E350 Diesel
Evening All

First post and after some advice,

I have a W212, 2011 fitted with a Audio 50 stereo. It was working fine and then one day came on for a few seconds on start up and then displayed the "Anti-Theft Protection activated. Please visit Mercedes-Benz workshop".

Local indy has tried to get it to accept the pin and also re program. But with no success.

Anyone know anyone who I can try or any advice on what can or can't be done?

Failing that, Can I get a second hand headunit and have that programmed to the car? Or other options as I would like to keep the upper screen.

Any help appreciated.

Evening All

First post and after some advice,

I have a W212, 2011 fitted with a Audio 50 stereo. It was working fine and then one day came on for a few seconds on start up and then displayed the "Anti-Theft Protection activated. Please visit Mercedes-Benz workshop".

Local indy has tried to get it to accept the pin and also re program. But with no success.

Anyone know anyone who I can try or any advice on what can or can't be done?

Failing that, Can I get a second hand headunit and have that programmed to the car? Or other options as I would like to keep the upper screen.

Any help appreciated.
This is a known issue. Its hardware failure im afraid.

Seen lots of these Audio 50 units fail like this. Id upgrade to Comand if I were you.

Thanks for that Alfie.

Yeah from what I can find out upgrade to Comand is my best option.

Do you know if the Comand upgrade is a complete new headunit and screen or is it just a software update?

Also you know a rough price and any companies that can do the upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom