Audio Aux in glove compartment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brodev

Car
b180
I have a second hand 2011 B180 W245 with an audio aux jack 3.5 connection in the glove compartment. What type of lead do I need to connect (how many connectors)? and what can I connect via this lead? Sorry if these have obvious answers but I am a pensioner not too up to date with technology. TIA
Another Question: Does the Audio 20 radio(which I have) require a code if disconnected from battery and if so, where can I get this code?

Last edited:
If you buy a 3.5mm lead similar to the one below you can connect your mobile phone to it to play music stored on your phone through your radio speakers. You will have to set the radio to the Aux setting for this and the volume won't be very high.The plug goes in the headphone socket of your phone.

The dealer will give you the code for your radio if you supply them with the vin number.
I don't know if you'll need to input a code if you disconnect the battery, but you may have to reset the windows if your's are electrically controlled.
Lower the windows in turn on the switch then raise and hold the button for a couple of seconds when fully closed.

3.5mm Male Stereo JACK TO JACK Audio Cable 1m Lead: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom