Audio Gateway E class W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hutcho2659

Car
Mercedes E270CDI W211
I believe I have a problem with the AGW unit, but not entirely sure if this is the root issue.

Would the AGW cause the radio, CD and DVD player to cut the sound for a split second every few minutes ?
Also would it effect the Sat Nav ? It will not realise its true location. I have traced all the wiring all the units have power. I have replaced the GPS Antenna, and still no gain. I have a 2010 disc, i realise its out of date but surely it should still recognize where it is ?

I have answered this somewhere else ...

a) Satnav map lost is probably GPS antenna
b) sound drop out could be anything on the fibre optic ring, including the navigation processor/drive itself. If you have the Nokia 6310i phone and there is SMS unread on it, the sound will drop every few mins to tell you.

Assuming its not the 6310i SMS thing, You should start diagnosing this by (a) trying a different GPS antenna (which you have done) and checking how many satellites it receives, (b) look at the error log using star diagnosis and (b) bypassing devices with a loop tool - especially as it sounds like this is completely repeatable issue.

Richard

Could you explain what a loop tool is and what it does ? I think your assuming that my knowledge is as good as yours.... I don't have the Nokia phone kit installed or phone connected. I have it booked in for a star diagnosis tomorrow, so hopefully have an error code to play with and point me in a better direction. Tried 3 GPS antennas so far, to no gain. I believe it is the AGW but didn't want to fork out on one just for the sake of it

The loop tool just connects the 2 fibres you unplugged together to make the fibre optic loop between the devices complete

Richard

Hi all...first post here so please bear with me....this looks like a very useful/ helpful site..I had a few problems with my 2003 E200 Kompressor and decided to put the car on the DAS system with my main dealer..all my problems got sorted except for a sound problem...my sound keeps cutting in at irregular times...no pattern..the report from DAS reads for the Audio Gateway
D011 the supply voltage of the control is too high(over voltage)
D146 No or incorrect CAN message from control unit N93( Central gateway control unit..

Main dealer told me that to rectify this could be big money.. Any advise please

Thanks again

Jimmy

Hi all...first post here so please bear with me....this looks like a very useful/ helpful site..I had a few problems with my 2003 E200 Kompressor and decided to put the car on the DAS system with my main dealer..all my problems got sorted except for a sound problem...my sound keeps cutting in at irregular times...no pattern..the report from DAS reads for the Audio Gateway
D011 the supply voltage of the control is too high(over voltage)
D146 No or incorrect CAN message from control unit N93( Central gateway control unit..

Main dealer told me that to rectify this could be big money.. Any advise please

Thanks again

Jimmy

If you need a new AGW then they are £329

Audio Gateway (AGW) Dual Tuner - (NTG1) | COMAND Retrofit parts | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

Unless you have the HK sound system in which case its a lot more!

If you need a new AGW then they are £329

Audio Gateway (AGW) Dual Tuner - (NTG1) | COMAND Retrofit parts | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

Unless you have the HK sound system in which case its a lot more!

Thanks for reply..I am looking at one online. The part number is the same A2118274142.. However there is a slight difference. On the side of mine it gives a number EC 112 and the one on line is EC 113. Also mine is 6030A+031124209 while the one on line is 6030B. Are these differences significant. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom