Audio only parktronic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davo

Car
2002 C270 CDI, 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera Sport
I was a bit miffed when I got my 2006 C220cdi home, I realised there were no Parktronic displays fitted, like the ones that were in my CL and in the C Class manual provided. when bought it the ad said it had 'Parking Aid' (note not Parktronic). After the test drive I remarked to the lad who came with me that I'd forgotten to test the Parktronic, he reassured me that he'd definitely heard it when getting the car out from the back of the showroom, and there are sensors on the rear bumper.

Well I was annoyed, but on the other hand I found I had a 7 speed auto gearbox, which was not advertised, they obviously didn't know. I was going to bring it up when I spoke to the dealer, but realised my time to get a £££ discount for the false advertising had been and gone.

Not too bothered, as the C Class is a small car when you're used to a CL, but then again the wife will drive it, and she has previous for 'bump parking'. Just as well I didn't go ballistic on the phone yet - I just went into town, and backing up into a parking spot I suddenly got all manner of beeps. I didnt test it out fully against a stranger's car, but I assume it goes from beep to solid tone when you get too close.

Is a 'audio only' (and rear only, AFAIK) parking aid an MB fitment, or will this be an aftermarket job? I'm not too bothered about the front, the star gives me a good idea where the front is.

AFAIK all mercedes parktronic system are audible and visual, on the dash at the front there should be a series of orange and red lights, so if that is not the case then it must be an aftermarket installation, the other way to check is the rear sensors bodycoloured or not and indent into the body work, aftermarket generally are stick on (Black) unless previous owner had the bumper re-sprayed again that would be another expense.

The rear sensors are flush into the rear bumper, and match, but then it is a black car! Maybe they bought a PT bumper strip. They do look exactly like the sensors that were on my W215, so maybe I have a mix of OEM and aftermarket. Anyway, its not OEM then, thanks for that mebs.

I need to find a soft wall to go and practice against! :)

Last edited:
My MB Easi-Park is rear only and has a display above the rear window.

Does yours beep once as soon as you select reverse?

You havent got a 7 speed gearbox on a 2006 220 C class. Or is that a type in your post?

Oh and rear only flush sensors are aftermarket.. MB only offered full parktronic or nothing..

Colour coding aftermarket ones is easy and they can be fitted without repainting the bumper.

Oh and rear only flush sensors are aftermarket.. MB only offered full parktronic or nothing..

Colour coding aftermarket ones is easy and they can be fitted without repainting the bumper.

No correct! MB offered Easi-Park as rear only option.

The other bit of misleading advert is to describe a C320cdi as a car... it is actually a WMD :)

It sounds like QuickParc may be what I've got, I found a thread about installing it here, but you will have to imagine the photos.

Could it have been fitted from new by a dealer, or by MB then?

It sounds like QuickParc may be what I've got, I found a thread about installing it here, but you will have to imagine the photos.

Could it have been fitted from new by a dealer, or by MB then?

Mine was! :)

Quick Park sensors arent flush fit / recessed like factory sensors. It is a rear only kit, dealer fit option. For some cars it also has a visual display.

Seems like you have an aftermarket rear system with flush fit sensors, most likely a Laserline kit.

Last edited:
Picture from my album

Easi-Parc / QuickParc

whitenemesis-albums-my-s203-picture2257-mb-sport-exhaust-mb-easi-parc.jpg

Yes those are the sensors for Quick Park.

Op here, here's my sensors, you can see why I thought they were original. I'd forgotten how quickly black cars got dirty, btw, that was 2 miles in the rain, before that it was immaculate. The bonnet was resprayed over the weekend btw, I wasn't happy about the stonechips and the dealer offered to do it, so I'm not too keen on washing it yet. Its diamond black, looks almost blue in the right light.

parktronic001.jpg

Not the right thread, but here is said WMD.

carphone001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom