Audio Unit Help Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Car
ML 270CDi Silver with Cream Leather.
My ML has the Gen audio 10 unit fitted, whilst its ok for day to day use my wife has a lot of audio files downloaded from Amazon etc.
The problem is the Audio 10 unit will not play CD R's only gen cds, even if I save it as a wave file it still will not play.
So its time for an upgrade.
But what unit to go for?
Is there any gen Mercedes audio units that would fit and play CD's produced on a computer?
Or is there any other manufacture units that will look good not funky, but classy in looks.
If I'm going down this route I would like one with sat nav capability, I do have a tom tom in the comp car which I use but it would also be nice to have that function in the Merc but not important. What I would like is for it to have the facility to plug an external video camera in so I can have a reversing camera when hitching the trailer.
So any body upgraded there units, if so what was the model and how did you find it. I also want one that I will not have to hack the cars wiring to install.

Hi are the tracks you copied MP3 or WAV format my 2001 S500 will play MP3 format with no problem

They must be MP3's and also try different makes/colours of CDR's as they aren't all the same and don't all work. BTW, the dearer ones aren't always best. You'll have even more problems finding a CDRW that will work. Stay away from sticky labels as well as they'll end up jamming the player.

Thanks guys,

The files I have tried are wave, but not tried MP3, will hav a go later and see what happens.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom