Audio upgrade Help S212 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anotheronetoday

Car
e350
Hi
I am new to this forum, if this has been covered already sorry, please point me in the right direction. So the sound system is ok as standard but i want a bit more bass. to try and get to at least the HK sound
So my thoughts are as follows:-
1/ fit a Line output converter LC2i which takes the high level output (front speakers) from the head unit and provides phono outputs to drive new amp.
2/ install an Alpine 4 channel amp (use channel 1/2 for front speakers and bridge 3/4 to drive sub)
3/ does anyone know the colour code for the front speaker wires as i want to cut these to feed into the LC2i (this unit separates the bass out).
4/ The LC2i phono outs I was going to connect to the alpine amp
5/ Then reconnect the front 2 speakers to output 1/2 on alpine amp
6/ Bridge 3/4 outputs to drive a new sub that i am going to install in the back of the car.

Thought suggestions advice very welcome

Attachments

• WIN_20210322_13_29_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210322_13_29_32_Pro.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 6
That should work OK if you are happy with the existing sound as you state.

Pretty sure the cables running from your AGW will be full range as the smaller speakers have caps on them.

Not sure what the colours are but if you find out the model code for your car (e.g. a 2002 > 2009 E Class saloon is a W211), you might be able to find a wiring diagram online.

Don't skimp on the amp or subwoofer although Alpine are a decent make and if that's the kind of brand you are aiming for you should be OK.

The only thing I would say is it is easier getting bass into the cabin of a hatchback than a saloon or coupe i.e. you need more power.

That should work OK if you are happy with the existing sound as you state.

Pretty sure the cables running from your AGW will be full range as the smaller speakers have caps on them.

Not sure what the colours are but if you find out the model code for your car (e.g. a 2002 > 2009 E Class saloon is a W211), you might be able to find a wiring diagram online.

Don't skimp on the amp or subwoofer although Alpine are a decent make and if that's the kind of brand you are aiming for you should be OK.

The only thing I would say is it is easier getting bass into the cabin of a hatchback than a saloon or coupe i.e. you need more power.
alpine is 100w rms in bridged mode for sub
struggling to find the wiring colours

Not sure 100w RMS bridged will be enough but you could try it and see whether it works for you.

I'd always aim for more (maybe 300w RMS bridged) as it is better to reign-in a more powerful amp than the other way around!

I missed it before but you actually put your model code, I was referring to previously, in the title of this thread so you just needed to search "s212 wiring diagram".

Second result for me was this which looks like it could be right:

2011 E-Class Wiring Diagram - MBWorld.org Forums

I'd always sense-check it and compare it against the colours connected to your speakers to be sure.

thanks will take a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom