Audio Upgrade Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Car
ML 270CDi Silver with Cream Leather.
Can anybody help with a sugestion on a suitable unit for my ML W163 that would allow MP3 files to play and poss connect a Sony walkman to.
The standard Audio 10 unit in the car fitts the looks but is very dated in what it will do.
I had a quick look at Halfords and all the new units are designed for boy racers that would look totaly naff in my Merc quality look is important but I dont want to spend a fortune.

Any ideas would be appriciated.

Any Merc units that will play MP3 files that would fit would be my first choice.

Thanks
Mark

Why not get something like this...

DSCN1487.jpg

Pioneer AVIC units can be had for peanuts these days, search ebay for AVIC.

This will give you nav, ipod, aux, mp3 from a DVD, and you can set the illumination to perfectly match the interior of the ML too.

Mate just bought a Pionner AVIC 700 for £210.

DSCN1487.jpg

This will give you nav, ipod, aux, mp3 from a DVD, and you can set the illumination to perfectly match the interior of the ML too.

Do they have touch screen navigation?

Yeah, they do.

Don't know what model of Walkman you have, I've got a bluetooth-enabled one and a Sony bluetooth head unit (actually fitted into my wife's 17 year old Fiat Panda at the moment :eek:), which work really well together.

The Sony bluetooth range are reasonably subtle looks wise, it sounded excellent in my old Golf (the speakers in the Panda are a bit rubbish..) and also act as a hands-free kit. The head unit has a built-in microphone and the caller's voice comes out through the speakers. Press the volume control to answer an incoming call and press it again to end it.

It also plays MP3 discs, has a front mounted 3.5 mm jack for iPods or whatever, all round a good piece of kit. Halfrauds wanted ~£150 for it at the time, I managed to get it from an internet box-shipper for £88 delivered to my desk. Bargain.

Here's a link to the current Sony range, HTH.

In-car Bluetooth® Stereo : Car audio : Sony

Cheers,

Gaz

DSCN1487.jpg

Which model is it? Im looking for one and unit around that price would be perfect. :rock:

Looks very interesting, can you fit a reversing camera to this Pioneer AVIC uint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom