Audio volume, W163, too loud!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nosnibor

Car
R171 SLK 350 and BMW X5
Hi all.

Odd problem with my ML. Just bought it, and there was no code for the rado, so fitted an aftermarket JVCONE I had lying about.

Thing is, with the volume on 1, that's a bit too loud! The stereo worked fine in a previous vehicle. No idea why it should be so loud in this one. Any Ideas?

If you supply your VIN number someone will be able to get the code for you.

www.radio-code.lt

That will give you the code for your factory radio.

Re you new radio, you probably have the amp in the car, if you do you need to buy the harness that reduces the level down correctly.
It is expecting line level and you are feeding it hi level.
You can buy a plug and play adapter for about £20 to sort it.

Dito you old radio, can be sorted out . You need to give us the serial number and model and make .So it can be checked out for you.

Thing is, the original radio is a radio/cassette. I don't have any cassettes anymore!

It's a Mercedes Bose unit. Serial number 98C107305

www.radio-code.lt

Re you new radio, you probably have the amp in the car, if you do you need to buy the harness that reduces the level down correctly.
It is expecting line level and you are feeding it hi level.
You can buy a plug and play adapter for about £20 to sort it.

Thanks for that. The only adaptors I can find are just pin out ones. Nothing said abut the amp.

Yeah, have you got Bose?

That's the one then.

I ask because I had to buy an adapter for my old E320 I think it was and they said there was an adapter for the basic amp and another for Bose. But I think the ML is just Bose so go for it.

Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom