Audio10 CD question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omega1

Car
E400d 2020 4matic (W213)
Hi all,

I have replaced the Audio10 CD unit and am I right in thinking that I will need a code if I want to use it again (now it has been powered down) or if I decide to sell it?

If so, where can I get a code (apart from MB) as I do not have it and how much am I likely to pay for it?

Also, any rough idea how much these units are worth second hand, not that I have decided to sell it yet, as may leave it in case I sell it on in the future...

Thanks

Thanks, but this is for the cassette version, I have the CD version... Will keep my eye out though...

Sorry didn't realise you had the CD version. In that case, it's worth a bit more.

Here is a CD version on ebay for £129:

LINK

Sorry didn't realise you had the CD version. In that case, it's worth a bit more.

Here is a CD version on ebay for £129:

LINK

I would say £129 is a bit much......if you look at completed listings on eBay, then the CD Audio 10 units seem to go for anything between £50 & £90 with the average seeming to be in the region of £80....

Am I right in thinking (as read on another forum) that if I go into MB with my VIN and serial number they will give me the code free of charge?

I asked them and they hadn't got a clue.
They however gave me the contact number of their contractor who fixes their radio's and he informed me that there isn't a code.
Confusing isn't it

Hmmm, Im asking all this without plugging it back in after I took it out of the car... maybe I should do that first and see if it actually needs a code!

I have disconnected mine and reconnected it and it never asked for a code

OK, just plugged it in and it worked and I thought 'result!' and then after a few seconds it displays 'P R O D' on the display...

from reading bits and pieces I get the idea that the 'P R O D' is indicating more the fact that it has realised that it isnt in the car more than an issue with it needing a code... Can anyone verify this?

Thanks

I've got one of these units with the cassette player. The previous owner gave me a code and said I'd need it if the car ever lost battery power. I've never tested it tho'.
HTH

from reading bits and pieces I get the idea that the 'P R O D' is indicating more the fact that it has realised that it isnt in the car more than an issue with it needing a code... Can anyone verify this?

Thanks

You could send it to these guys:

LINK

RE : Audio10 CD question

Hey, don't confuse in this matter. Just go to online and find the code you get all the code with full details. But, you purchase it first and remember the date for renewal. Many site provide this type of facility.

You could send it to these guys:

LINK

According to these people This unit is security coded to the Immobilisation Control Unit of the vehicle it came out of, and as such cannot be easily transferred from vehicle to vehicle, even if it is the same model of Car. When first powered up in a different vehicle, it may work for 30 seconds or so and then lock up and display "PROD".

Can anyone verify this? If so, assuming I sell the unit, whoever buys it will have to do this process? If this is the case, what are the peope that are seeling it 'with security code' going on about?

All very confusing, does anyone have exact details on this?

Thanks again.

Have you thought of ringing up an MB dealer?:eek:

I have indeed, and of course will do if I do not get a reply here, just thought that there may be an answer here and then not only would I benefit, but so would others...

Hi

MB Dealer will (should) know, but I think the statement you put in blue above is correct and its a STAR thing to match the HU to the car

One of the Command guys should be able to confirm

Looks good by the way

PS £80 for the Audio 10 looks about right on Ebay - you could always try the classifieds on here of course...

I have a year 2002 W203fitted with audio CD10 - cassette player with CD changer.
The local MB dealer told me that this madel does not have a security code.
I had the unit removed from the car to repair the air-cond parts behind the the dash.
I had no problems when the guys (not dealer) fitted back the unit.
Shan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom