Audio10 code problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
I had to disconnect the battery on the SLK and then found that the radio code card was not in the documents I was given at time of purchase.:(

Contacted MB via email and they responded promptly with the original code numbers. Unfortunately, having followed the handbook procedure, I cannot get the radio/cd to accept them.

Advice is to input the 5 digits then press any one of the four controls adjacent to the on/off switch. Oh no - computer says no!:fail

Any thoughts /suggestions gratefully received as always.:thumb:

Yes, only a 4 digit number.

After entering the last digit press and hold the right rotary button.

Yes only 4 digits and the handbook instructions are wrong as I also found out there's a step by step guide somewhere on here which is what I used when I did mine

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

If you get stuck I can check your radio code at work, let me know

According to the Audio 10 manual the code is 5 digits.

Switch the radio on, "Code" will appear in the display. Using the right hand control knob enter each number of the digital code and confirm this by pressing the control knob. After entering the correct numerical code push the right control knob for about 3 seconds. The radio mode is starts.

If an incorrect numerical code has been input and confirmed, "Code" will re-appear in the display and the correct code must be entered once again. if an incorrect code is entered 3 times, "Wait" will appear in the display and the radio will be isolated for about 10 minutes. Note, the isolation time will only elapse if the radio is switched on.

OK, copied the above from the manual. IIRC you turn the right hand knob to change the number to the one you want, then push the knob, then turn it again to get the next number etc etc.

Chris Hi and thanks - have done all that you suggested but will have another go shortly.
Hopefully that will sort it but............

Good news - 5 digit number is correct - I just didn't press the right hand knob long enough after entering the last number. Radio is working fine as is the remote 6 CD player so happy days!

Chris - many thanks for the offer which was kind of you, but no longer required.

Yes, only a 4 digit number.

After entering the last digit press and hold the right rotary button.

Sorry Mike I was completely wrong on this. It is a five digit code as you have found out. Glad you got it going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom