Audio20/newcclass/ipod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mykaitch

Car
2013 C180SE fully loaded
I have just collected my new C180SE.
Plug in the iPod - all you can see are the 4 character folder names from the ipod database - CRAP! No playlists, titles etc. What you hear is pot luck. I do not have a CD changer, just the Audio 20.
What can I do to get 'full' ipod control ?
32k I lobbed at my dealer....

thanks all

You need media interface which comes with Audio 20 6 cd and Comand. It cant be retrofitted to Audio 20 single cd.

Thanks so much. I sort of got that conclusion too. Bearig in mind I bought thecar new on Wed, the dealer has given up and sent me to a local ICE dealer. There will be letters to MB.....

Dont really see how it is the dealers fault. It is all in the brochure, if you needed full ipod support you should have ensured the audio system you got would support it.

Just plug your Ipod into the USB port. Works perfectly.

npuk said:
Dont really see how it is the dealers fault. It is all in the brochure, if you needed full ipod support you should have ensured the audio system you got would support it.

Having recently bought a car and having been told different things by various staff at the MB Dealer its pretty clear for the most part they don't really understand the products they sell or service when it comes to Audio and Telematics.

They seem to think that they managed to get Blackberry phones working with Bluetooth and SMS etc that somehow the other options don't seem to matter to much

I have heard ' it might work', 'it should work', ' a member of staffs works' etc, funny thing was the member of staff conveniently wasnt there on the day they arranged for me to go see them. They then subtly suggested I should maybe get a Blackberry !!!

I would say unless you see something work for yourself take it with a pinch of salt

It's pretty clear in all the literature that the media interface is required. I didn't visit a dealer and worked out by myself:dk:

Just use a USB memory stick.

It's just as good as an iPod without the temptation of fiddling with it whilst driving.

It's pretty clear in all the literature that the media interface is required. I didn't visit a dealer and worked out by myself:dk:

The MB configurator says the changer etc is an option to the standard audio20,it doesn't say that it needs a different audio20 head. When is an audio20 not an audio20...?
Anyway,its going in to be done, as have I been,2 grand and I've only done 100 miles:mad:

Not really sure what the issue is- its in the brochure as a clear upgrade costing £450?? Why didn't you just order it at time of purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom