audio20 upgrade, comand ntg2.5 or 3rd party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
I have a 2007 s211 with an audio 20 stereo, I'm looking to upgrade in the near future,

So the question is do i upgrade to ntg2.5command costing £800-900

Or do I go for a 3rd party stereo?

The 3rd party solution will probably be cheaper and offer more features but the command will be better integrated

I definitely want steering wheel buttons to work and would like the cluster display to work too.

Sat Nov is a high priority and it must be a seamless fit.

I use an iPhone so it would need Bluetooth hands free and I would like iPod integration for audio streaming

Has anyone fitted any of these 3rd party head units? And pics of how they look fitted?

Thx

Steve

A good installation of a third party unit will give you steering wheel controls…there are various modules that integrate with MB steering wheel buttons. The guys at comand.co.uk install Pioneer units (amongst others).

I have a 2007 s211 with an audio 20 stereo, I'm looking to upgrade in the near future,

So the question is do i upgrade to ntg2.5command costing £800-900

Or do I go for a 3rd party stereo?

The 3rd party solution will probably be cheaper and offer more features but the command will be better integrated

I definitely want steering wheel buttons to work and would like the cluster display to work too.

Sat Nov is a high priority and it must be a seamless fit.

I use an iPhone so it would need Bluetooth hands free and I would like iPod integration for audio streaming

Has anyone fitted any of these 3rd party head units? And pics of how they look fitted?

Thx

Steve

Only comand will fully integrate with the cluster and steering wheel controls. Anything else will have limited integration. Only comand looks OEM. Yes we install Alpine units for customers but even Alpine who are very much at the top of the game, dont integrated like comand does.

Thanks Alfie

That answers my questions perfectly. How does the ntg2.5 work with iPhones/iPods?

I'm thinking about streaming capabilities and cluster display of track id etc

Thx

Steve

I'm pretty certain you should be able to get NTG 2.5 a lot cheaper than £800-900, I'm sure gIzZe bought one for circa £300 and fitted it himself.

Edit: I'm looking into this myself and much prefer the OEM COMAND look but even the NTG 2.5 is lacking in features you'd get in the lookalikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPX said:
I'm pretty certain you should be able to get NTG 2.5 a lot cheaper than £800-900, I'm sure gIzZe bought one for circa £300 and fitted it himself. Edit: I'm looking into this myself and much prefer the OEM COMAND look but even the NTG 2.5 is lacking in features you'd get in the lookalikes.

All the ntg2.5 units I have seen are £500-600 then the harness is £100 approx.

I have no problems fitting as I'm an electronics engineer by trade.

I also believe after fitting the unit requires coding on star. I imagine this will cost £50-100 too

If you know of a cheap source for a legit ntg2.5 I'd love to know about it :)

Thx

Steve

Thanks Alfie
g.png

That answers my questions perfectly. How does the ntg2.5 work with iPhones/iPods?

I'm thinking about streaming capabilities and cluster display of track id etc

Good luck Herishi

ahok19 said:
Good luck Herishi
That sounds like you have already tried and been unsuccessful:-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom