Auf wiedersehen German Car Companies: the Model Y has arrived

Screwdriver

Can't believe the value proposition on display. 315+ miles of range. 0-60 in <5 seconds. USD ~$50K. Tons of space and looks great too!

Seems certain that this Tesla is going to bite a giant chunk out of the largest part of the automotive market that Deutschland cares most about. Will take a couple years before doing that in the UK/ EU though.

Petrol Pete

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Baseball cap guy is obviously a Tesla fan, but who could love those hideous wheels ? looks like the tyres are too narrow and have been specially designed to scrape concrete from kerb stones.
Go for the smaller ones and gain what was it ....35 miles range ?

I am sure it will sell well . Gargoyle Thongboil must be pi$$ing her nappy in excitement at the news.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
Car
Electric may be the future but in my mind nothing beats the sound of a burbling V8 muscle car.

What next battery propelled fighter jets ?
There is nothing better to get the heart racing when a low flying jet takes you by surprise whilst walking in the Lake District.
A battery operated one just wouldn’t have the same effect plus charging in mid flight might be an issue :eek:

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
It seems a good value proposition but winter range is about 50% of quoted if it’s anything like the model 3 and you drive normally with heating on which can pose challenges for medium length journeys.

Given they advise to only charge to 80% most of the time too this further limits.

No doubt electric is the future eventually though, the current Teslas seem not quite there though for me.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I wish.
Tesla cars leave me cold.

The future is electric but will wait for most other manufacturers to bring out models designed from the ground up before making the leap ; whenever that will be.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
Having driven down to Kent today, it already seems that South it Oxford every other car is a Tesla. I can’t believe how popular they are. In fact, all but two Tesla Superchargers were in use at Oxford Services this evening!

togthecat

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes E400 A207
Looks like an unhappy duck without the feathers.

MadMerx

Car
CL55 AMG C215, S63L AMG W221
Er looks great? In the dark maybe, with one or more eyes closed. God awful ugly boring things.

Now everytime I hear someone bleating on about electric vehicles, remember we have been there before........

rf065

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Er looks great? In the dark maybe, with one or more eyes closed. God awful ugly boring things.

Now everytime I hear someone bleating on about electric vehicles, remember we have been there before........

That was the first version though, I remember version 2, it had a flag on a long pole fixed on the back to stop you being rear ended and squashed into pulp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom