Auf wiedersehen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markaz

Car
Mercedes Benz C220 CDi Elegance (W204)
Well chaps it's been fun and thanks for all the really useful advice but my hatred of the W204 was growing by the day! It lasted 3 months and 11 days.

Couldn't get comfortable in the awful seats, C220 engine noisy and unrefined and Pearl Beige metallic not the most masculine of colours!

So off it went and it's been swapped for a Jaguar XF. I'll miss the 60+mpg and £145 road tax but nothing else!

Thanks again for all your help and I've got an iPod kit and full sized steel spare for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Mark.

Good Luck in your new ride, another sale lost to Jaguar (there is a lot of it about)

"ang about as a member tho, we will miss you otherwise, :)

If I had have got on with the seats better, I would now be driving around in a late previous gen XF 3.0S as everything else about it was perfect for me.

Well chaps it's been fun and thanks for all the really useful advice but my hatred of the W204 was growing by the day! It lasted 3 months and 11 days.

Couldn't get comfortable in the awful seats, C220 engine noisy and unrefined and Pearl Beige metallic not the most masculine of colours!

So off it went and it's been swapped for a Jaguar XF. I'll miss the 60+mpg and £145 road tax but nothing else!

Thanks again for all your help and I've got an iPod kit and full sized steel spare for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Mark.

I hope your experience is better than mine. I had a XF 3.0s from new in 2011. It went through tyres and brakes like I have never experienced before or since. It had a 'sound attenuation' problem that resulted in a very noticeable drone between 30 - 50 mph. At the time Jaguar recognised that about 30% of new cars suffered with it and as it was so expensive to repair (re-routing pipes that were resonating against the bulkhead) that Jaguar decided it was a feature of the car - even the crappy main dealer thought that was a bit strong. I had the car a year and couldn't wait to get rid, even at great expense. Great looking car and goes reasonably well, I didn't like the touch screen but I am sure you'll find a considerable improvement, not least a v6 3.0s versus antiquated C220 engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom