Auntie Elthels Dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tuercas viejas

MB Enthusiast
Car
landrover/rolls royce/MB AMG S600/Prius
Well guys here's the standard !
First its made in the USA in the 1930's (drum roll) !!!
Its got provenance, & what I would do to drive this on the UK side of the pond and to a popular country pub destination in my native Gloucestershire. Frampton Upon Severn perhaps!

Now my late aunt after 4 years of dispatch riding an MOD iron mare of a Norton in all weathers for the British Army (1938 to 1944) "graduated" to driving American officers in a Packard in 1945 .
What my late aunt Ethel would think of this Packard beauty seeing this!

Don't drool!

P.S.
To quote Betty now deceased past customer, (Ex USN nurse at Pearl Harbour .)
Us and those Britisher woman in the war, like your aunt, we were all a hardy lot.

Tuercas Viejas
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stunning car

Some of the pre WW2 US cars are fantastic

That is really lovely.

One day many moons ago i went to fill up at our local petrol station . I have seen cars for sale on there before , but very few . This was in the days that every garage would have a woman, or a man , to fill up your tank . I saw this Packard for sale .And i love old yank cars .So i went over to look at it . Looked very nice in gleaming black ,,the paint work looked 2 inches thick .Going around it i looked inside through the window of the rear passengers side door .
The was no floor boards in there .And i saw these 5 inch RSJ girders running through under the hole in the floor they were pinted red where the boards had been removed from .This was the chassis on this brute of a limo .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom