Auto Boot open/close broken on W211 E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
Evening all
My auto opening/closing seems to have stopped working
The boot pops open with the remote or the button inside car - but doesn't raise or close with buttons on boot lid
They are no longer illuminated either
Any thoughts
I had to force the boot open to retrieve something and that didn't feel right
Thanks

Could be a broken wire or two. It is common on the W211's. Google will help you find some useful threads (not sure if this forums allows linking to others?)

Other thinks could be a broken button but as you said its also affecting illumination my money is on the wires being broken.

Check for broken wires on the n/s hinge first but if its not broken wires it looks like an expensive fix going by this video:(
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check for broken wires on the n/s hinge first but if its not broken wires it looks like an expensive fix going by this video:(
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lets hope its wires then :)

must be a fuse for it?

No longer illuminated... big signal there.

Check the boot wiring harness, you are going to have some broken wires.

Hoping to have time to strip it tomorrow to have a look - thank you

Could be a broken wire or two. It is common on the W211's. Google will help you find some useful threads (not sure if this forums allows linking to others?)

Other thinks could be a broken button but as you said its also affecting illumination my money is on the wires being broken.

Can't seem to find any snagged/broken wires - the wires seem to be enclosed in a plastic conduit - I've not unwrapped it but I doubt they would get snagged inside there?

Any clue where the fuse is, as I'll check that before sending to garage

Thanks

Not that I can see - any idea where the fuse is so I can rule that out?
Thanks

Can't seem to find any snagged/broken wires - the wires seem to be enclosed in a plastic conduit - I've not unwrapped it but I doubt they would get snagged inside there?
Not snagged but broken due to flex fatigue ...

PROBLEM SOLVED...............

Kept digging and found a connector block close the wiring loom that was un-plugged - clicked it back in and voila the two buttons illuminated again and the boot closed again when I pushed button!

Simple fix in the end

PROBLEM SOLVED...............

Kept digging and found a connector block close the wiring loom that was un-plugged - clicked it back in and voila the two buttons illuminated again and the boot closed again when I pushed button!

Simple fix in the end
Do you recall which connector this was? I have exactly the same issue and cannot find the issue!

Do you recall which connector this was? I have exactly the same issue and cannot find the issue!

Sorry I don't - I just stripped all the boot lining out on the left hand side of the boot (as you look at it), kind of against the inside of the rear wing and I found motors and connector blocks etc. and noticed one was hanging loose.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom