Auto box oil change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
My 2006 220cdi is high Milage 160000. I thought I would treat the gearbox to an oil and filter change.
will all of the oil come out so I can refill With the amount in the manual ?

i notice there is a summer and winter grade of oil. I had thoughts of using the summer as I guess it’s a fraction thicker just to even up any part worn items.

any thoughts?

If it is an auto box it will take a very specific ATF fluid not gearbox oil as in a manual change

My 2006 220cdi is high Milage 160000. I thought I would treat the gearbox to an oil and filter change.
will all of the oil come out so I can refill With the amount in the manual ?

i notice there is a summer and winter grade of oil. I had thoughts of using the summer as I guess it’s a fraction thicker just to even up any part worn items.

any thoughts?

It's all here:

I like the look of that.
can you give the Oil pt number please and the filter. My son is at Mercedes but on the truck side but he can compare numbers.
what is the part at the back. Plastic bit standing up?

ATF is # A 001989680313
Filter is a Vaico.
That's part is known as the 'pilot bush'' - the electrical connection that's best changed, as the O ring leaks.

Not clued up with this So don’t know how to PM
can I have a mob number please and I will text you.
Ken

I too can't work out the private message function that we used to have.
I've not used it for ages, since the last forum software update, a few years back

done a bit of a search and I think you need a certain number of posts before the private message shows itself.

Found it now, 'start conversation' , via hovering over user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom