Auto Box on C320 Judder.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Razorhoof

Car
Mercedes C320 CDI Avantgarde V6
Hi

It seems like my car judders slightly on 3rd gear as the revs get around 200 and it's getting ready to shift into 4th gear? Say I'm accelerating moderately and moving through the gears there is a judder that lasts as long as it takes for the car to move from the late stages of 3rd gear and into 4th gear.......

It's a 2006 C320 v6.

Any ideas? Any thoughts would be received with interest. Thanks!

I had very similar issues on my E320 cdi. My shudder would only be on light throttle at about 1600-2000 and whent as the next gear engaged.

Researched it and found a lot about it on the 722.6 5 speed gear box.

My research truned up the pmr solenoid in the gearbox which contols the torque converter lockup. Another sign of this (and mine was also doing this) is that the rev counter was just wobling 50rpm and not rock solid around this critical rpm which tied up with the failibg solenoid pulsing fluid pressuer to the TC causing it to lock a d release in a quick cycle. This then caused a horible vibration.

The cure was quick and easy a simple DIY and cheap (£260) all in
New solenoid, conductor plate, pilot bush, trans oil and filter ( as its all apart) took 2 hours. Car is now perfect. Pulls and changes smoothly and accellerates faster too.

Hope this helps :thumb::thumb:

Thanks mate. I guess this would also explain why, if the engine is cold and Infloornot, the car is reluctant to have the revs go over 4500 / 5000 or so and bounces around a bit on the Rev counter there? When it's warm, no such issue?

I meant 'I floor it' no 'Infloormot'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom