auto box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasandson

Car
mercedes e320
after some help i have a 2002 e320 with 125k on clock,i have replaced gearbox 2 one at 112 k and one 18 months ago around 120k and both times same issue ,,,the engine management light comes on and when it is driving it then just revs and doesnt drive,you turn it off turn it back on again and after a few tries it will actually drive around a quarter of a mile or so,,,,eml light was cleared but as soon as it revved without drive it came on again,,,fault reader said transmission slip or sensor,something similar to that ???? when boxes was replaced all filters and oil etc were new and done and reset by proper garages desperate for some advice before another 7/800 quid on box and fitting :(

been told try lubeguard,oil coolant leak.change box AGAIN Auto Gearbox Transmission Control Module ?????? help lol

I would take the car to a good MB indy (Star Motor Services in Caversham is nearest going on your location) and get the fault codes read by Star diagnostics.
That should confirm you need to replace the speed sensor/electroplate inside the gearbox. It is an easy enough job for an indy and costs somewhere around £400 - £450 inc parts and labour.
Much cheaper than keep replacing the gearbox with one of an unknown quality. You'll have an as new gearbox once fixed.

Star Motor Services

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom