Auto box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIKERSV

Car
CLK 320 Cabriolet
My CLK 320 auto seems to pull away in second all the time if you pull away fast it then seems to change down to first but after your moving.

Is this normal?

Have you inadvertantly switched the auto box to C or W?

Russ

i have a choice of S or W its always in S, i hav'nt had the car long so i'm not that familiar with the merc gearbox.

i have a choice of S or W its always in S, i hav'nt had the car long so i'm not that familiar with the merc gearbox.

Driving in W means it will move off in 2nd gear, unless kick down is applied, then it will shift to 1st.

If in S, it should move off in 1st.
Maybe the switch is faulty?

Russ

won't it show on the lcd ? S or W in the dash.

i will check the switch, cheers for the help.

Hi

This may be of use to you if your set up is the same. The W/S switch tends to stick in W.

it seems to move ok is it possible to clean the switch?

Hi

I didnt post the link last time. Check this out. The switch itself operates ok and feels fine it is just that there is a little rod that connects to the rocker switch and it gets stuck, the result is the box sticks in W.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6722&page=4

Mine looks different to that i have just removed the top of the switch and theres a printed circuit board underneath.

heres some pictures, sorry about the quality

In the middle of the board is a small raised piece with a slot in it one side has a metal contact and the other is just plastic, all the switch does is place a piece of plastic in the slot, i cant understand how this works,,,anyone got any idea?

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 24
  • switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom