Auto dimming mirror. Life is golden!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul

Car
2011 E220
Hi everyone, Im still here just been very busy :crazy: .

Anyway back to my problem, My drivers door mirror has dimmed and wont return to normal. It's now constantly golden in colour.

The heating and electric movement are all working. It's purely the dimming bit that has gone wrong :confused:

Passenger and internal mirror are also working fine.

I presume that your pass mirror is non dimming at all...so that leaves you with a dimming rearview that still works properly and thus - a malfunctioning driverside dimming glass that stays dimmed...and that means that you will have to shop for a replacement mirror...

Auto dimming mirrors that stay dimmed without power at all - are fried...

greetingz,

I have exactly the same problem with the drivers side mirror on my SL, dealers had a look and say that its new mirror glass time. However, they want best side of £150 for the part alone so guna live with it for now :(

Unless anyone knows of a cheaper/ second hand replacement

Regards

Tan

Why not just get a generic bit of mirror glass cut to size and stick it ontop of the duff mirror till you can justify the £150 :crazy:

fuzzer said:
Why not just get a generic bit of mirror glass cut to size and stick it ontop of the duff mirror till you can justify the £150 :crazy:

I've become used to the golden colour now and to be honest its still useable just not dimming.

my s class heated/dimming glass was £70 from a dealer. Some dealers quoted as much as 150 so try other dealers. Also Euro Car Parts supply them. Ive just looked for you paul, the whole folding memory mirror seems to be £110 so the glass should be a lot cheaper.

there is one on ebay right now, so might be worth a look, £25 start,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI..../url its an autodim one by the look of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom