Auto dipping side mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
It's gone on the SL ( goes permanently dark) and as I'm sure a lot of you know it's £300 for a new one or £50 for a standard dipped one. Can anyone comment on any downside to fitting the cheaper mirror please.

Hi,
The mirrors I have looked at with the dimming feature, they change the plug connections so a direct swap is,nt possible without cutting and crimping new different style crimps.
I believe the mirrors on certain year of SL's were the same as a 202 and prefacelift 210 so this may expand your options in getting a possible second hand mirror.
Have you tried ECP for a dimming mirror, I bought one from them at a considerable saving from MB, and with the forum discount it would be even cheaper.

andy27168 said:
Hi,
The mirrors I have looked at with the dimming feature, they change the plug connections so a direct swap is,nt possible without cutting and crimping new different style crimps.
I believe the mirrors on certain year of SL's were the same as a 202 and prefacelift 210 so this may expand your options in getting a possible second hand mirror.
Have you tried ECP for a dimming mirror, I bought one from them at a considerable saving from MB, and with the forum discount it would be even cheaper.

Hi Andy do you mean the central in car mirror ? I've lost the tint in the drivers side external mirror it's permanently dark and will start to leak corrosive fluid if not changed.
I can't see one anywhere or sale as they don't last long

Hi Andy do you mean the central in car mirror ? I've lost the tint in the drivers side external mirror it's permanently dark and will start to leak corrosive fluid if not changed.
I can't see one anywhere or sale as they don't last long

Tip, remove the glass frome said mirror housing and break apart the seal
removing outer glass and then clean off oily gluup wear gloves when doing this and clean of with soapy water first then finish of with panel wipe or brake cleaner or cellulose thinner and replace mirror it will solve the problem and no cost for replacement did it on mine about 3 months back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom