Auto Evolution Write up on the RA350D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattWW

Car
A45 AMG (420BHP Stage 1)
Check it out Guys,

Link

Were in communication re the comment on the F10 M5 lol...

Cheers

Matt

Is this the same car that will also leave an RS5 "for dead"?

Surely that isn't difficult.. most Audi's crash at the first sign of a bend due to their nose heavy understeery Passat/Superb based design. :)

This makes me even more smiley about knowing my one is under going a refreshment at GAD this Thursday =D

Is this the same car that will also leave an RS5 "for dead"?

It's a c350 with a remap and some bolt on's. It may be faster than any car that isnt trying?

If thats what you mean.

I've found my C350 is ALWAYS faster than any car that isn't trying :)

These new engines are superb for pulling some torque.

High flow DPF? Very interesting any information? I normally remove them!! :D Can't get higher flow than that ha ha!

Yes it's the same car, the RS5 in question is actually a friends car and from the lights without launch control the audi does not have an answer.

Yes it's the same car, the RS5 in question is actually a friends car and from the lights without launch control the audi does not have an answer.

The RS5 is four wheel drive, has circa 450bhp, does 0-62 in 4.6 seconds and it 'does not have an answer' to your car?

Sounds good Matt, can't wait to see it, looking forward to it.

The RS5 is four wheel drive, has circa 450bhp, does 0-62 in 4.6 seconds and it 'does not have an answer' to your car?

Only saying what I have seen, Bare in mind the RS5 does the 1/4 mile in 12.5s with Launch control, with out they are closer to the 13s mark if not more.

The RA350D does the 1/4 mile in 12.8s real world measured with GPS, Just trying to give an indication of the speed, its a quick car.... for a diesel its immense ... and its a Mercedes :)

Fair play to you.

I suddenly feel the need to sell my lowly CLK55 as it wouldn't stand a chance if you can walk an RS5.

I am skeptical about your friends driving/engine health though.

How does this compare to the BMW 335 diesel M Sport as they have pretty much the same power as the GAD C350?

How does this compare to the BMW 335 diesel M Sport as they have pretty much the same power as the GAD C350?

Did not know that the 335d & 535d are the fastest cars in the world, nothing can touch then, nothing! Well, so I've been told... ;)

Did you not know that the 335d & 535d are the fastest cars in the world, nothing can touch then, nothing! Well, so I've been told... ;)

P.s. and if they are remapped well you're talking L.S.R.'s.

An RS5 would skin a 335d... (and this is from an Audi meh!)

It would skin a remapped c350 cdi too.

I'll hopefully meet up with the RS5 in the next 2 weeks for a video of them side by side.

The numbers don't lie, high 12s down the quarter mile in the RA350D put it right with the RS5 even with launch control used (12.5secs).

I'm sorry guys but diesels have come along way ;)

I'll hopefully meet up with the RS5 in the next 2 weeks for a video of them side by side.

The numbers don't lie, high 12s down the quarter mile in the RA350D put it right with the RS5 even with launch control used (12.5secs).

I'm sorry guys but diesels have come along way ;)

Nah Audi's are just sh*te.

:p

I doubt an RS5 will do a 12.5 1/4, the best I've seen an M5 do is 12.5....

You need to get it to Santa pod for a few 1/4 mile times, a strong 335d will do low 13's. I was doing this in mine 6 years ago. It was running 360ish bhp 570lb/ft and 13.1/3.2 @ 107/8mph.

At VMax I would regularly out launch E90/92 M3's, RS4's etc, but down the back straight their extra power would show.

To be honest low 13s is a great achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom