Auto Express Driver Power Survey 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dacia in 5th and Renault in 7th must make one sceptical about these findings.

Not sure I agree - other than Mitsubishi (which I would have expected higher) the results are not dissimilar to what I would expect.

Lexus at the top - customer satisfaction is king - nothing is too much trouble, and they don't charge like a wounded rhino for it either...

Chrysler - forgotten brand as far as the Fiat group is concerned and Fiat dealers don't have the best reputation already!

And yes, if you read on this forum what people say when they have a problem and how Merc go about handling it - I can believe Renault and Dacia do give more satisfaction.

Remember, Dacia cars are simple - they don't have much to go wrong. When it does go wrong it is probably something mechanical which means someone should be able to fix it pretty quickly....

Mercs are run by computers, when something goes wrong it takes a while to diagnose and then Merc want the shirt off your back to fix it....

As I say - sounds about right to me!

Then surely Chrysler would be high up - surely drivers of those don't expect much?

Yes, in some cases that's true - a Dacia driver will expect less than a Mercedes customer......

BUT - Surely a Mercedes customer has a right to not only expect more but have that "more" delivered? My experience is that Mercedes sell the premium image, but their dealers offer a less than "premium" experience...

I think it's much more to do with lower expectations.

Agreed. Lower expectations and less of them on the road. Interesting how the best selling compact exec cars ie bmw, merc and Audi are nowhere.

Also you do find that people who own dacia's, Kia's etc kind of feel they have a point to prove and have to justify their decision so are always keen to support that choice. Not saying there is anything wrong with them by the way. We merc owners can't be bothered generally and except them to be faultless so when they do go wrong we moan!!!

I don't think these satisfaction surveys give an accurate picture.

61,000 people took part in the survey which is correlates to less than 1% of the cars on the UK roads so hardly even a snapshot. Then there is no data on the numbers of owners for each marque that responded. All in all, a headline grabber for the top slot but beyond that, should be treated with care.
For example, Dacia accounted for about 1% of total car sales last year whilst Renault was at about 2%. Vauxhall sales accounted for about 10% sales last year and they are way down the list. There are many things that can be read into statistics but they are worthless as a measure without knowing the sample rate, IMO.

Also you do find that people who own dacia's, Kia's etc kind of feel they have a point to prove and have to justify their decision so are always keen to support that choice. Not saying there is anything wrong with them by the way. We merc owners can't be bothered generally and except them to be faultless so when they do go wrong we moan!!!

I don't think these satisfaction surveys give an accurate picture.

Good point well made right there.

I still find it odd that Jaguar and Land Rover have such a discrepancy in score. That said, the difference between best and worst in the survey is only 8% - not exactly a yawning gulf.

Best = 90%, worst = 82%. Add in the huge error in such surveys's I'd a call them all a draw. ie. most people like the car they drive. Shocker! ;)

I suppose "C-Class MkIV" means W205?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom