Auto gearbox fluid change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulKN

Car
E Class Estate
I have a 2011 W212 E350cdi with I believe the 777903 Gear box.

Anyone know the official change MB serviced interval for this - I understand it had a change 5 years ago at 65000 miles - its now got 100K on the clock.

Many thanks

If your car is equipped with the 7G-Tronic transmission 722.9, then it's every 3 years or 40,000 miles.

If your car is equipped with the 7G-Tronic+ transmission 722.9 FE, then it's every 5 years or 77,500 miles.

The latter was fitted mainly to cars that have Start/Stop technology, but was also fitted to some cars without it.

Thanks for that.
From its MB Service record the only change was at 66k miles in 2016. It otherwise has a full MB service history.

At the moment I am relying on a VIN reader to establish the Gear box code, rather than any official MB documents as I cant locate the "parts list" on the car!

Any guidance about how to confirm the gearbox id would be useful as my local Main Dealer tells me its a only only change!!

From other details its an E350 Avantgarde from Feb 2011 with the stalk gear change with "flappy paddles"and the options for Economy or Sport mode button on the centre console for the GB - no manual mode though

Thanks

Paul

If it has Stop/Start ('ECO' button on the dash), then it definitely has the 7G+.

If it does not have Stop/Start, then it could be either the 7G or the 7G+.

From its MB Service record the only change was at 66k miles in 2016. It otherwise has a full MB service history.

For a 2011 car, that's actually consistent with the 7G+ box, I.e. it had the ATF changed first at 5 years (2016), and it's due again this year (2021).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom