Auto Gearbox Mega Flush or Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg_Charged

Car
Lawn mower
Was looking to get a gearbox service for my cls55, then someone mentioned getting a gearbox flush, just wondering if anyone has used the powerflush method

Take it to someone who will genuinely empty/flush and refill. The main dealer empties half of the fluid and tops up. Mercland in Nuneaton or PCS near Portsmouth will both doa proper job for you.

Take it to someone who will genuinely empty/flush and refill. The main dealer empties half of the fluid and tops up. Mercland in Nuneaton or PCS near Portsmouth will both doa proper job for you.

There is a gearbox company near darford that uses this mega flush machine, changes around 97% if the fluid, you don't even have to change the filter, just trying to find a member that's had it done.

I don't see the point in performing a "mega-flush" and then NOT changing the filter.
This makes no sense.
I suspect that they don't drop the sump in the carrying-out of this mega-flush.
If that is the case, then:
1. Your filter could be full of gunge and you would never know.
2. All the gunge that collects in the bottom of the oil pan (and should be carefully cleaned out), will still be there.

Am I missing the trick here ??? !!!

If you don't want to do the job yourself, then I would follow the very good advice in Post #2

They will change the filter if you want, but they said with this system you don't need too, and sort of defeats the point if the flush, if I am going to do the filter I may as well just have a service and that's the route I will take.

They will change the filter if you want, but they said with this system you don't need to

Then I'm sorry, but I think you are being given duff information.
:(

Then I'm sorry, but I think you are being given duff information.
:(

I am not a gearbox guru nor do I know about the mega flush in detail, so can't comment, but the YouTube videos are pretty clear, will get one of the forum recommended companies to do a change when I have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom