Auto gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan5767

Car
Mercedes w202
Hi I have a 1999 c200 w202. It's done 43000 miles. I left the battery disconnected for about 12 hour's. Now when you boot it from take off in kickdown mode it won't change up the gears. It was perfect before the battery was disconnected. In normal driving it changes perfectly even if you boot it while on the go its perfect. I have tried the reset procedure and still no joy. Can anyone please help

Does it make any difference switching modes w/s?
Battery disconnect shouldn’t have done anything to it.
Maybe worth a code read and erase and also check the fluid level/condition

So what does it do when you start off with your foot planted? Does it stay in 1st gear until it hits the rev limiter and then just stays there?

I wonder if cutting the power to the TCU erases the adaptations? Or perhaps the adaptations needs to be reset via STAR?

Hi thank you for your replies. Yes when I plant my foot to the floor on take off it stays in first gear until it hits the rev limiter then just stays there until I lift my foot off the accelerator then it changes as normal. I have not tried w/s mode to see if it makes a difference but I will do a bit later today. I didn't think disconnecting the battery would do anything but before I did the car was perfect in every way

Hi just an update. Took my car on the motorway got to 50mph planted my foot to the floor and it still hit the rev limiter. Kept trying it at different speeds and eventually it started to stutter like it was misfiring. I pulled of the motorway switched off and back on the misfire went away. It seems to take off okay when using about half throttle and drives perfectly even changes up and down the gears as normal. But as soon as you plant your foot down it won't change up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom