Auto Glym “Radiant Wax Polish”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs

Has anyone used or heard of this product before?

I have been advised that is what Auto Glym sell to the “trade”/used car dealers so that the cars look their best on the forecourt. Apparently, is supposed to be a two in one product as have been told is a wax/polish that provides a shine as well as protetcion!!! What are your views on it?

I bought a 5 Litre container of the stuff today for a good price and couple of cloths for applying/buffing thrown in. I only ever use Zymol on my cars BUT will try it on the Sprinter first and have plenty of the stuff to go all round...:)

Edit: The Radiant Wax Polish is only available to the "Trade".

Last edited:
I havent heard of it but Autoglym are usually pretty good (dispite a very bad incident with there wheel cleaner and them doing nothing about it)

If you have bought 5 Litre's then maybe you can use it and give a truthful verdict/write up on it... Please! :D

benny said:
I havent heard of it but Autoglym are usually pretty good (dispite a very bad incident with there wheel cleaner and them doing nothing about it)

If you have bought 5 Litre's then maybe you can use it and give a truthful verdict/write up on it... Please! :D

Definitely will do :) - the product is only available to the Trade by Auto Glym suppliers from what I have been told.

If this stuff is good as they make it out to be then I have a contact that can supply as much as we like as Auto Glym only sell it to suppliers that sell it on to trade customers.

And that i shall keep in mind, thank you!

autoglym

I use autoglym super resin polish and the extra gloss protection and i get the showroom shine and the layer of glass effect, and then i only need to rinse the car every now and again if this stuff i good then let me know!
have fun doing the van!

merc man said:
I use autoglym super resin polish and the extra gloss protection and i get the showroom shine and the layer of glass effect, and then i only need to rinse the car every now and again if this stuff i good then let me know!
have fun doing the van!

I have found a review of it on another Forum by someone who works in a body shop. I have copied the extract of the post from "pistonheads":

"In answer to number 3 I know exactly what you mean, I work in a bodyshop and we get this with leaving plastic sheet on cars sometimes.You should find it will polish out with a good wax like Auto-Glym radiant wax no.12 or anything similar that has a very slight cutting/cleaning effect not just a wax.If it is badly marked you may need to use a machine but unlikely.If you cannot sort it you may need to come see me for a polishing lesson".

Flash said:

Has anyone used or heard of this product before?

I have been advised that is what Auto Glym sell to the “trade”/used car dealers so that the cars look their best on the forecourt.
If it's designed for that application then I would imagine that it would be a pretty aggressive product.
The idea will be to quickly make the cars look shiny.

Bit like acid wheel cleaner will quickly clean the wheels (then the finish falls off 2 weeks later).

From research that I have carried out the "radiant wax polish" is pretty much the same formula as the Auto Glym "super resin polish" and is designed to be protective but not abrasive except the "radiant" is supposed to be better and only sold to the trade i.e. body shops/valeters etc. in 5 litre containers. The radiant does have a slight cut/clean to it but does protect as well at the same time and appears to have a lot of praise for it's long lasting duration after being applied, and the results from the shine.

Radiant wax polish is supposed to be excellent and safe to use: :) http://www.mini2.com/forum/maintenance-mini-care/15720-how-long-do-i-wait-waxing.html#post250033
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/mobileworks/vpost?id=516805&trail=

Last edited:
I'm not disputing your research, but can a product "cut" and also provide protection at the same time? The two functions seem incompatible.

We tend to use Autoglym products and like you, I have just done a quick google ;) There were cheaper sites but this one gives a very brief description plus picture of the product.

You have reminded me to get onto the boss about polishing our stretched limo :)

Happy polishing,

Regards
John

I've always understood that all 'polish' had some level of abrasive content - to lose that completely you have to use plain wax.

Actually, if you read the descriptions on the AutoGlym website then it does sound pretty similar to "super resin polish" (although it says it's low dust, which srp certainly isn't!).

Last edited:
I will try it on a metallic silver Fiesta (2003) instead this w/end if I can as a "trial"...;) My friend was saying the other day that her car could do with a good wash...:rolleyes: Plus it won't take me too long to do on a small car. If I do get round to doing it then I will take pics afterwards (I have not got my own digital camera yet...) :eek:

The "radiant" is supposed to produce dust as well from buffing it off which I have read on other Forums and Rory also said. However, it will still save you time as no need to polish the vehilce first and then apply wax afterwards.

With the "radiant" any generic shampoo can be applied to pre wash the vehicle with.

I think that you will find that Radiant is a polish, ie it contains abbrasives.
you can allways tell if you put some on a white cloth and polish your stainless steel kitchen sink. You will find that the white cloth becomes black.
I was also under the impression that Radiant was a cheaper commerical option for valeteers, as I purchased 5 litres for £35 last year,( from my local Halfords), which is a lot cheaper gram for gram than the normal Auto Glym range.

I'm very surprised that Halfords sell this stuff as only supposed to be available to the Trade...:eek:

I have been on the Halfords website and cannot find it unless its been withdrawn...

The radiant does have a slight cut/clean to it (therefore does have an element of abrasives) but at the same time has wax in it and is designed to protect and shine in just one step. How they created/designed this I don't know. This is why I was reluctant to use on my W203/215 first without trying it on the Sprinter first or someone elses car...:p ;) However, feedback about this product has so far been positive from actual users as per my previous posts.

Last edited:
Flash - Radiant wax is just the trade name for SRP - it's exactly the same.

They (unusually) contain a mix of very mild abraisives and glaze.

SRP is a very good product if you ask me (as is EGP) - I've been using it for years without any ill effects.

I believe it's the same product as SRP too. Just a different product name to appeal to a different market.

I've never heard a bad word about Autoglym products - they have an excellent reputation, so I wouldn't expect you'd have any problems if you used it on the C. Not quite in Zymol's league, but the cost and time required to apply is in a different league.

Discalimer: I've never used Radiant myself though - only SRP.

Yes I totally agree very easy to put on and take off.Results are good to but not as good as Mothers, Harleys or Zymol. But Zymol is indeed a labour of love.

Been using Auto Glym SRP for years and found it to be the best in terms of shine/finish and on the plus side, it's a darn sight easier to buff off than most other products.......and it smells like bubblegum...yummy:D

Putting a layer of Extra Gloss Protection on after the polish really makes a difference. Because it is a liquid with no abrasive agents dead easy to put on and polish off as well. Also good on shiney bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom