Auto Glym leather balm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dand

Car
C208 230K
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is a daft question but can AG leather balm go off? The bottles about two years old and is stored in a warm dry room. I just applied some to my front seats using the same method i normally use and insted of gettin nice soft leather and a nice leathery smell ive ended up with seats that look like ive used back to black on them and the car stinks of fish oil :(

Thanks,

Dan

Not sure about the smell but I have just thrown out some very old autoglym leather care that had gone almost solid.

Yeah the smell is what has me puzzled/worried the most. I just went out to check on the seats and looks like greasy sheen has calmed down a bit now thankfully. The weird smell still there a bit.

These products emulsify over time. Sometimes a good shake will mix it all back together otherwise it's got to be binned.

Thanks, il give the bottle and extra shake a test it again. I feel a bit wasteful binning it as ive only used about a 3rd of it.

Forgot to add, a lot of car products don't like getting too cold either and will separate out if too cold. Had this with Meguiars Car Wash and wheel cleaner.

Thanks for the heads up. I tested some on the sofa lastnight after giving the bottle a good old rattle can style shake and it seems alot better. I think i might invest in a new balm/feeder in the near future though.

Ive had that too. I used to store my cleaning stuff in the garage but after we had a cold snap in early 06 and a few bottle and cans turned funny ive been storing it in the house ontop of a wardrobe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom