Auto lights and Rain sensing wipers not working.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ice643

i have checked specs on my c270 cdi 2001 ,it has auto lights and wipers , when i turn light on to auto they come on all the time and when i turn my wipers on to intermittent they start working rather than work when it rains.

Please can somebody help me on this matter.
Thanks

Are you sure they are auto lights? Does the switch have an auto setting?

I thought headlamp assist was only introduced on the c-class in 2002 - but I could obviously be wrong.

Thanks for the replies i have checked on the Russian website and i have option 345 .I dont know about autolights but on the knob it has auto written on it.

Oops, I'm an idiot, you say you turn it to the "auto" setting :crazy:.

Also check in the cluster menu that the lights are no programmed to be on constantly (if that is a feature on your car)

If you are 100% sure you have rain sensing wipers it could be the sensor has failed. Do you gat any error messages in the cluster?

Its possible that your rain/light sensor has failed or has become disconnected. Normally if disconnected you get a message on the cluster saying light sensor has failed - but I dont know when that message was introduced. Your car may have seperate rain and light sensors or a combined one - I havent worked out when/what they have fitted and the mercedes circuit diagrams are not consistant with what was actually installed. (Ask whitenemesis about the fun he had !)

Look behind the inside rearview mirrror and there will be the cover of the sensor on the windscreen. Pull the cover off, you will see one or two units in there - check that the wiring (3 pin plug(s)) is connected.

If its not wiring it may be the sensor - after the sensor is changed it needs to to be calibrated with Star Diagnosis.

Richard

If its not wiring it may be the sensor - after the sensor is changed it needs to to be calibrated with Star Diagnosis.
Hi,

I just had a new windscreen fitted to my '07 SLK. A day later, the dash warning tells me the sensor is not working. It's going back tomorrow (RAC windscreens) to be checked. It may be a loose connection. But do I need the light sensor calibrated by MB?

Thanks
Mark

i have checked specs on my c270 cdi 2001 ,it has auto lights and wipers , when i turn light on to auto they come on all the time and when i turn my wipers on to intermittent they start working rather than work when it rains.

Please can somebody help me on this matter.
Thanks

If your car has had a new windscreen fitted lately (particularly if it is not an MB original) it might need reprogramming on STAR.

If your car has had a new windscreen fitted lately (particularly if it is not an MB original) it might need reprogramming on STAR.

From what I know Peter, it may need another screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom